† TRIAL NINE

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

Katri sits next to the cage, sleeping. The sun was out and shining brightly but – Katri was more worried about Thomas. He hasn't woken up in a few hours and it was concerning. Teresa was in the cage beside him as they were put in there by Gally. Newt, Chuck and Minho were all standing there waiting for Thomas to wake up.

A groan came from Thomas's lips when Katri opened her eyes. Katri looks back seeing Thomas sitting up holding his head.

"Hey..." Teresa softly spoke to him, touching his shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Thomas slowly nods while he gently shakes his head as he fully opens his eyes.

"What the hell were you thinking?" Chuck asks him while Thomas looks over seeing that it was just him and Teresa in the pit while Chuck, Newt, Katri and Minoh stood outside the door, all of them staring at Thomas.

"What happened?"

Looking back quickly seeing Gally talking to people, and then back to Thomas. Katri frowns. "Gally's taken control..." answers Newt. "He said we had a choice, either join him... or get banished at sundown with you."

"And the others agreed to that?" asks Thomas.

"Gally has everyone convinced that you're the reason all this has happened." Teresa spoke to him.

"Well..." Thomas starts standing up. "He's been right so far..."

"What are you talking about?" Minho questions while Katri raises a brow.

"You can't be serious if you think he's right..." Katri adds to Minho's confusion.

Thomas gently raises a hand to stop them. "This place..." He starts with a frown. "It's not what we thought it was. It's not a prison, it's a test." Katri looks at Newt who looks back at her and they both look back at Thomas. "It all started when we were kids. They would give us these challenges. They were experimenting on us, and the people started disappearing. Every month, one after the other."

"They were sending them up into the Maze..." realizes Newt.

"Yeah, but not all of us..."

"What do you mean?" asks Katri.

"Guys, I'm one of them." Thomas admits looking at everyone. "The people who put you here, I worked with them. I watched you guys for years. The entire time you've been here... I was on the other side of it." Thomas then looks at Teresa. "So were you."