† TRIAL TWENTY-SEVEN

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

Gally slid a heavy metal object out of the way revealing a tunnel underneath. After a bit of talking, and some argument, they decided Thomas and Newt would go with Gally. Katri didn't want them to go by themselves, but – she knew she had too.

"Be careful, Thomas." Jorge muttered as Thomas nods.

"Thomas... Newt... Gally..." Katri started, the three look at her. "You all better come back..."

"Gally," Frypan started as Gally looks at him. "Take care of these two."

"Yeah," Gally nods as they disappeared.

~

After they left, Katri roughly turns to James who looked down at her as she punched him in the stomach making everyone gasp, the men went to grab their guns, but James stopped them by raising a hand. Breathing heavily, Katri glares down at him with her hands shaking heavily.

"You..." Katri started. "You klunking left me thinking you shucking died!" Katri took a deep breath trying to keep her composure. "You left me... when I needed you the most! You weren't there for me when I needed you! I fell apart! I NEEDED YOU TO BE THERE FOR ME!" Katri screamed at him as she pointed at herself while a single tear left her eye. "It took me forever to build myself back up and then Thomas came, and it felt like the world is right again."

James stared at her in shock. "Kat... I'm..."

"Save it!" Katri snapped at him. "I'm not here for your apologies, I'm here to get my best friend back and then we're gonna leave and go to the Safe Haven and leave this place behind where W.I.C.K.E.D will never find us."

Katri turns around and stumbles to Brenda who gently grabs her and leads her away and they ask if they have anything to properly dress her wound that was still slightly bleeding. When they finally made it to a safe spot in the hideout, Brenda properly dressed it while Katri quietly sighs and was feeling a little better.

"Are you doing okay?" asks Brenda looking at her. "I know that was a pretty intense speech you gave, Red Head."

"I'll be fine..." Katri whispers knowing it was a damn lie.

"Don't lie to me, Red Head. I may not know you very well, but from what I've seen, you're a strong person willing to do anything for her friends."

Katri looks at her and nods. "Thank you, Brenda... but it's a long story that'll be shared soon."

Brenda smiles at her and touches her shoulder. Katri smiles back at her and they heard three familiar voices coming back.

~

"No," Thomas objected for the millionth time. "There's gotta be another way."

Katri was in shock on Thomas's refusal to use Teresa to get Minho back. She was ready to argue back but Newt kept stopping her.

"Like what?" Gally questioned, raising a brow. "You've seen the building. She's our only way in."

"You really think she's gonna help us?" Thomas questioned, narrowing his eyes slightly at Gally.

"I don't plan on asking permission." Gally retorted.

"Am I missing something here?" Brenda intervened. "This is the same girl who betrayed us, correct? Same dick?"

James gestured with his hand, clearly impressed with Brenda. "I like her." Brenda smirked his way.

"Thomas, what's wrong?" asks Brenda, looking at him with a concerned look crossing her face.

Everyone kept their eyes on Thomas who was pacing around with hands on his hips. In fact, it was making Katri angry. Katri stands up and looks at him. Newt saw this and looked at Thomas before Katri snapped at Thomas.

"What, are you afraid of your little friend's gonna get hurt?" Newt spoke up harshly, Katri looks at him in shock. Thomas doesn't answer as he stops pacing. "Hmm? Because this has obviously never been just about Minho, has it?"

"Wait, what are you talking about?" Thomas asks him softly.

"Teresa," Newt answered, he then started walking towards Thomas making him back up while Katri watches. Gally and the rest were watching too. "She's the only reason that Minho's even missing in the first place. Now we finally have an opportunity to get him back. And what? You don't want too because of her?"

Thomas's back was almost against the wall while Newt went closer to him. Katri's eyes narrowed at her best friend, wondering what was going on with him.

"Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you?" Newt continues, his eyes glancing up at Thomas. "Just admit it..."

"Newt, I -" Thomas tried to speak but he couldn't get another word out.

"Don't lie to me!" Newt pushed Thomas against the wall, cutting him off making Katri gasp quietly. "Don't lie to me!"

Katri, with Gally and James, all run up to him pushing Newt off while Katri stood beside Thomas as they both watch Newt while James and Gally hold him, surprised that he did that. "I'm sorry..." Newt apologizes to Thomas. "I'm so sorry..."

Katri turns around looking at Thomas in concern, mentally asking if he was okay. Thomas looks down at her and gently pats her arm, kissing her forehead and begins walking after Newt. She watches as he goes but doesn't follow.

She knew something was wrong and her gut was usually right...

~

A little while later, Katri was sitting outside and looking at the sky, wondering what they're next plan is. Katri then feels a hand on her shoulder as she looks back seeing James standing there. Katri scoffs and looks back to the sky.

"You always had a fascination with the sky, Kat."

"What the hell do you want?"

"I know you said you didn't wanna hear any apologizes from me." James started as she snorted again. "I honestly don't know what you've been through what hell W.I.C.K.E.D has rained down on you."

"Yeah, you have no idea." Katri snapped at him standing up. "I lost people I cared about. Alby's gone. Chuck's gone. The list goes on. I've been tortured by W.I.C.K.E.D for months before Thomas found me and now, we're looking for Minho!" Katri rubs a hand through her hair taking a deep breath. "However, I can't say the same for you..." Katri looks at him. "So, I guess..."

"No, I suppose you don't know what it was like for me, but I'll spare you the sob story." James shrugged making Katri look at him. "Apology excepted, Kat."

Katri smiles as they both hug and then they heard Thomas and Newt come down from the roof. James was to lead Thomas into the City and get Teresa to tell us where Minho was. Katri was adamant that she should go with him, but – after some persuasion, Katri would stay with everyone else and wait until James and Thomas both come back.