† TRIAL SEVENTEEN

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

Aris walked back with some more wood for the big fire they all surrounded later that night. Katri sat beside Thomas and Minho, no one had said anything after what happened to Winston earlier that day.

"I thought we were supposed to be immune..." Minho broke the silence as he played with the knife in his hand.

"Not all of us, I guess..." Teresa commented.

"If Winston can get infected..." Newt told everyone as he looked around at everyone. "We should assume so can the rest of us."

"I never thought I'd say it..." Frypan spoke up, they all glanced at him as Katri saw a tear fall down his face making another tear fall down hers as she silently agreed with his statement. "I miss the Glade..."

"I do, too..." whispers Katri as another tear fell from her face as she puts her face in her hands.

Everyone began laying down and falling asleep, knowing it was needed. But Katri stayed awake, she stared at the fire closely. Thomas touched her shoulder as she looks back at him. She then flings herself into his chest and starts quietly sobbing and he hugs her tight against his chest.

~

The next day, they were back on their feet again. Katri was walking with Thomas, and they were not doing so good. Their skin was burnt from the scorching sun, and they were running out of water. Katri had already ran out of water.

Katri started feeling really dehydrated, they all were. Katri saw Minho throw his now empty bottle to the ground leaving it there. Many times, Katri's vision became blurry. And now, she felt it coming back. Katri stopped in her tracks and blinked rapidly trying to get her vision back. She then puts her hand on Newt's shoulder.

"Kat," He spoke quietly. "You alright?"

"I..." Katri tried speaking, but her breath caught in her throat, and it came out kind of raspy. "I..."

"Kat?" Someone's voice sounded really muffled, she thinks it was Thomas. But she wasn't sure.

Katri began panting and her vision started getting even more blurry and she began falling down to the ground.

~

It was sundown and everyone was using their bags as pillows as they laid down in a group, Katri was still sleeping next to Thomas as he kept her close. Thomas wasn't sleeping as he kept his eyes on her and then started playing with Chuck's wood carving keeping himself busy. Thomas thought back and told himself that Chuck didn't deserve what happened to him.