† TRIAL TEN

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

"Katri?"

"It happened again..." Katri whispers as a tear falls down her cheek. "I've failed..."

"You didn't fail," Thomas assures her quietly walking to her, touching her cheek as she keeps her gaze ahead of her. Which was at his chest. "You didn't fail..."

"Why does it feel like I did..."

Thomas hugs her close as she lets him, her forehead resting against his chest gently while she stays still. His heartbeat calming her down while tears fall down her eyes. Suddenly, a light erupted in the dark tunnel as Thomas releases Katri as they all look around seeing Teresa opening a door. She walks out, all of them following right behind her finding themselves in a long hallway. Just then, all the lights began to turn on starting from one end and going to the other.

Katri looks at everyone as they all share curious looks before heading one way, Thomas leading the way with Katri right behind him. The occasional sound of whirring could be heard as they walked. Soon stopping in front of a door with the sign that said 'EXIT' at the top.

"Seriously?" Frypan complains

No one said anything as Thomas steps forward, opening the door. They all ventured in seeing many lifeless bodies laying around the room that seemed to be a lab. A quiet alarm sounding in the room as they went further inside, they dispersed.

"What happened here?"

"They were watching us..." Katri whispers as she goes up to one of the monitors, eyes widened in shock. Newt walking up to her, looking at the same monitors.

"This whole time," Newt confirms touching her shoulder while she looks at this in shock.

"Hello," A voice said behind them, making Katri and Newt look behind seeing everyone walking up to Thomas. They glance at one another and then walk up as well. The woman was wearing white and blond hair was up in a bun. "My name is Doctor Ava Paige. I'm the Director of Operations of the World In Catastrophe Killzone Department. If you're watching this, that means you've successfully completed the Maze Trials. I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you..." Katri was watching behind her, seeing everyone running frantically. "But – circumstances have prevented it. I'm sure by now, you must be all very confused. Angry. Frightened. I can only assure you that everything that's happened to you..."