† TRIAL SEVEN

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

Katri, Thomas, Newt, Teresa, Jeff and Clint all stood in Alby's little room in the Med-jack hut. Katri frowns seeing how worse he was, the veins over his body were bigger and they continued to crawl up his skin. Alby was breathing heavily, shaking and sweat dripped down his face. A frown was painted on her lips while Katri puts her hand into a fist.

"We don't even know what this stuff is," Newt object as he holds the vials in his hands while Katri looks down at the vials. "We don't know who sent it or why it came up here with you." Newt points to Teresa. "I mean, for all we know, this thing could kill him."

"But Newt..." Katri softly said touching his arm as he looks at her. "He's already dying..."

"Look at him!" Thomas tells him as Newt looks at Alby. "How could this possibly make it any worse?" Newt sighs a little bit. "Come on, it's worth a try..."

Newt thinks for a moment before glancing at Katri who was staring at Alby as she lets out a small sigh. Newt quietly sighs and nods. "Alright, do it." Newt gives in, handing the vial to Thomas.

Katri sees Thomas eagerly take it, going to Alby's side leaning over the boy, vial ready in his hand. Thomas glances back at everyone, then his eyes land on Katri who was staring at him, wondering what he was doing.

"You have to trust me..."

Katri quietly groans, closing her eye from the sudden headache she had. "Okay," Thomas mutters as he looks back at Alby as he gets ready to inject the vial as they all waited for Alby to wake up.

Katri pinches her lips, unhappy for waiting but then – Alby grabs Thomas's collar making him stumble forward slightly. "You shouldn't be here! You shouldn't be here!"

Newt, Jeff, and Clint all jump in and try to pry Alby off Thomas as Katri stands there in shock wondering why he was saying that stuff to Thomas. Katri snapped out of her thoughts as they finally pry his hands off Thomas's collar, but he still had a hold of Thomas. Before Katri could react, Teresa did and grabbed the vial and stabbed it into Alby's arm which instantly calms him down. Katri was heaving, wondering what just happened. Newt touches her arm gently while Thomas stands back and looks at Alby.

"Well, that worked..." observes Jeff with a small sigh.

Katri takes a deep breath. "Okay," she begins quietly. "For right now, until we know what the hell we just did, someone stays here and watches him around the clock."

Clint and Jeff nod.

"Hey," a voice speaks from the door. They look over seeing Gally standing there with his arms crossed looking at Thomas. "Sundown, Greenie... Time to go."

Thomas sighs and begins following him out of the hut with Katri tailing them making sure Gally didn't do anything (she knew he wouldn't, but it was just a precaution). "Hey, what's your problem with me?"

"Everything started going wrong the minute you got showed up." replies Gally not looking at him. "First Ben, then Alby... And now the girl. Everybody saw. She recognized you and I'm betting you know who she is."

Gally then opens the Pit door, where Thomas hops inside with a curt sigh as he turns and watches him close the door, tying the rope.

"Gally," Thomas starts with a small sigh. "You know we can't stay here forever, right?"

Gally doesn't respond, just glances at Thomas before walking away. Katri watches him and sighs looking at him. He looks back at her while walking to the door and touches it. Katri brings her hand and touches his fingers as if telling him it'll be alright. Biting her lip, she leans and pecks his fingers.

"Don't worry, it sucks now but it'll go by quick." Katri whispers to him. "Don't mind Gally, yes, he's an asshole but he cares. Maybe a little to deeply." She looks at him. "Thomas..."

"You don't need to apologize for anything, Katri." Thomas whispers to her. "Don't worry..."

A smile graces her lips as she slowly walks off.

~

The next morning, Katri was up early after Minho and Thomas left, and she began stretching her body a little bit while putting her hair up in a messy high ponytail, letting out a small yawn, she begins running along the wall to start off her morning while everyone continues sleeping.

This became routine during the three years she's been here. She would run until everyone was up, and then start helping around the Glade, fixing the Garden, helping build stuff if needed (she wasn't great at building as Gally had to fix a lot of her projects around the Glade), helping Frypan cook.

Katri tries to be involved in everything with her fellow Gladers, sometimes she would run the Maze again to see if there was something she was missing. But – with Minoh and Thomas in there today, she didn't feel the need to, so she decided to hang back and help everyone.

A few hours later, Katri saw Newt up and she jogs up to him and she smiles when she stops in front of him.

"Morning sunshine," grins Katri as he looks at her with tired eyes. He frowns, as she keeps her smile. "I know, you don't like to be bothered when you wake up! But! We have some fun things to do today."

"Yeah?" Newt looks at her as he limps over to the Garden while she follows him. "Can't wait to hear them."

"You know, Newt," Katri jogs to him and stands in front of him. "It's not very nice of you to be mean to me in the morning."

Newt rolls his eyes and goes around her making her giggle. "Listen, Newt, I know you're busy being a sourpuss in the morning. That's why I was gonna suggest I make some breakfast for everyone and then we can get started on the Garden and whatever else before Minho and Thomas come back."

Newt nods waving his hand to her. Katri smiles and turns a heel and heads into the kitchen and begins making some breakfast. While she was cooking, Frypan comes in and smells the air.

"Oh klunk, Kat, that smells amazing!" Frypan walks up to her with a small smile on his face. "Can I help?"

"Of course!" Katri smiles and moves out of the way. "Could you finish this then we should be ready to dish it out to everyone."

Frypan nods as he jumps on the fryer, finishing up what she was cooking. She walks out feeling the sun hit her shoulders as she raises her hand to block the sun from her eyes while she looks up at the sky. She sighs quietly while she brings her other hand in and whistles loudly for everyone to hear.

"Come and get it!"