Chapter 30 ~ Hike

Lauren's Pov:

Today it was 34° so Levi decided it would be nice weather to go on a hike. There were some cliffs and footpaths some minutes away.

I changed into a pair of shorts, well everyone did, and a crop top. I placed a pair of tortoise shell sunglasses placed on my head and fench braided my hair. I filled up a water bottle and put that in my backpack along with some snacks and some money. I slipped my phone into my pocket, slung the bag on my back and walked downstairs.

"Should we get something to eat before we start walking too far?" Austin asked as we walked towards the little town.

We all agreed so we headed to a shop to pick up some sandwiches. The walk to the cliffs was long. Much longer than I thought it would be. Drew and I walked together for the majority of the walk. After about 30 minutes we arrived at a map thing on a board.

"Should we go right up to the top of the cliff?" Drew asked.

"We could cos it's only 11am and we could be back at the house by 6 or 7 so we have enough time." Nate said.

"Alright, let's go." Levi said holding a stick in the air and walking ahead.

The views were amazing. I bought my camera with me to take some shots and they turned out pretty well. There were lots of loose rocks which would occasionally fall and either hit someone or roll off the edge. The sun was really hot on my back. We all stopped a few times on the way up to sit in the shade of a tree for a bit before we carried on walking.

"How long do you think it will be until Levi realises that his shoe lace is untied and that he will trip over it?" Drew asked.

"Er, 5 minutes tops." I giggled.

Levi is so clumsy and just having a shoe lace untied can cause a bruise or a graze.

"The views here are really pretty." I said.

"Yeah, but not as pretty as you." Drew added.

"Shut up." I laughed pushing him.

"Come on guys, stop doing whatever your doing and get up here. The view is fantastic!" Nate yelled from the top of the cliff.