Chapter 2 - Mesmerised

"This is absurd. How could you agree into something like this? Without even telling me? This is my life, my future and you are ruining it.." I utters with shattering tears, gleaming my eyes.

"Your future will be secured Sephira.." noun Theo the King Highness, my elder sibling.

"More secured for you, you mean?" I cried.

"That's enough Sephira, remember who you are speaking to. My decision is final, you will be betrothed to Prince Nokto in a month.."

I guess, Theo couldn't see my tears couldn't see them fall. I suck in a deep breath of hurt before I took on my pace and left the dining chamber ..

Upon reaching out of the door, I took on my heels and ran as fast as my legs could carry

Upon reaching out of the door, I took on my heels and ran as fast as my legs could carry..my heart is broken.. I can't be betrothed to anyone that I don't even know..I've got so many things which I wanted to do..so many dreams which I wanted to chase, wanting to hold..

In between sob, I let my legs carry my heart till I've not realised I've fled deeper into a forested land. My heart sore and so are my limbs, but I wouldn't want to care less as I carry on fleeing.

Suddenly I halted when I felt the ground which I'm stepping on is getting soft and brittle. "Huh.." I gasped in fear and upon that moment, the ground fragments to pieces. "Arghh.." I screamed as I slide and tumble down along with the ground when suddenly I felt a hand caught my arm..

There, I saw those eyes..gleaming bronze and ruby light, looking intensely upon mine..

"Hang on.." he voiced as he took all his strength and lift me up back safely to the steadier ground.

Upon reaching closer towards his form, suddenly my legs grew weaken and my breathing seems heavier. Probably due to that terrifying moment which had almost took my life, my courage has been consume and belittle.

I almost fell back onto the ground but I felt his strong arms snake around my waist and held me closer to his front. Our eyes met, my heart melts..our bodies were so close, I felt his warm, his soft breathing glancing my cheeks..he's beautiful..I was simply mesmerised..

I was simply mesmerised

"Your highness..this is simply not a safe place for you to be playing around.." he noun, his voice is deep and smooth, I felt powerless..

"I.. I.." I stammered when suddenly I remembered why I had fled. "I'm not going back.."

"What?" He whispered.

"I'm not going back.. I can't.." with those words I pulled myself away from him and then something had caught my eyes, the jacket which he was wearing, doesn't belong to our Kingdom. He's..he's...

"Your highness.." he mutters as he came closer towards me.

I shake my head, my body trembled. "You are from Kherash..." The Kingdom where Prince Nokto belong..