Chapter 33 - Undo

"Nokto," I boomed as I swung open the door of the study chamber and stride furiously towards his front. "What did you say to him?"

"The necessary obligations which he ought to know.." he replied smoothly as he dares me to look him straight in his eyes.

"Obligations of what?" I snapped.

"Your Highness, let me highlight to you your exact position in this Kingdom. You are the Queen and for you to be continuing in your relationship with Ieyasu who is just a mere commoner is totally absurd and forbidden." Marks Nokto. "

"What?" My voice cracked.

"And if you insist with this relationship, you need to give up your throne." Warned Nokto. "But yet again, I'm sure you wouldn't want to do that and be noun as a treason to your own people?"

"A treason, just because of my love for a non Royal or a noble blood? Aren't we all living under the same sky, treading upon the same ground and breathing in the same air? What difference does it makes, aren't our blood and the commoners are the same red in colour, flowing in our veins?" I exclaimed with tears welling in my eyes.

Nokto eyes widen in bewilderment but only for an eclipsed moment as his gaze transcend back to a menacing glare.

"Civil war, revolting armies, with chaotic happenings are breaking our country apart, because of this prejudices and unjustified social orders which we've laid upon our people. They are suffering because of our own doing. The rich are becoming richer due to greed of wealth and status, while the poor are neglected and were force to endure so much hardship and suffering. Frankly, I can't blame them for becoming an outlaw therefore they could feed their family. My forefathers had failed them, Theo had failed them and I can't just be sitting on my throne watching all these heart wrenching suffering of my people, dying each and everyday without food, shelter and other necessities. What kind of a bloody Ruler am I? And when I'm dead, how am I supposed to face God? What answer should I present to Him, when I'm asked, what have I been doing while I was blessed with this crown on my head?" I cried frantically as I heave in more air to ease my emotions.

"Throughout your absence from the castle, you've seemed to seeing a lot.." utters Nokto as he took few feet away from my front and turn his back on me. "I.. I've failed Kherash and Aren. Those two countries are already beyond redemption under my rule. And to think that I might used Orien to strike Kherash and Aren back has definitely backfired me and my troops to a worst plight."

"We still can win their hearts if we are willing to step into their lives and feel their needs. Will has been doing this all along right until his last breath. He sacrificed his soul for the sake of his people. He listen to their plight, he gives his all to make a betterment of their livelihood. Ieyasu is one of those people and for your knowledge Ieyasu is carrying out those same values too. I learn a lot from him. He made me realise that each life is precious and worthy to hold." I paused as I try to took another quick breath to calm myself.

Nokto came closer towards my frantic form and gently places his hands upon my arms as he had his gaze upon my teary eyes. "You truly love that man aren't you?"

"It's not only about love that I found in him, there's more which I can't explain to you in whole. He taught me lots of things and he tell me so many unknown little things about Will, which had absolutely brings so much joy in my heart." I muttered as I bit my trembling lips, struggling to muffled my sobs. "It's almost a year and a half I've been living among our people, away from my throne, that I've seen and heard alot..and now I'm back, I'm going to make lots of changes. Even if the other Royals and nobles had decide to ditch us for these changes, I don't care as long as my people live in a peace and bliss.."

I could almost see the glistening dew merging from the corner of Nokto's eyes. He frown in sullen with sorrowful guilt embedded on his face. "Theo used to plead with me with those words of yours and so was Will. But I was too blinded with these terrifying lust of power, my..my heart has been shut to do good deeds.. My hands is cursed for all the people that I've hurt and slain.."

"Nokto, it's never too late for us to undo all those wrongdoings. We can do these together, getting back the trust and love of our people with sincerity. It's just we need to work extra hard to gain back their trust.."

"Yes you are right. Go Sephira, go and bring Ieyasu back here. There's so many things which I want to learn from him and also I need to know those splendid things about Will which I didn't know or was to blind to notice.." Nokto marks solemnly.

I nodded my head enthusiastically and took on my feet as I dashed away from the study chamber and headed towards Ieyasu's chamber instead.