Chapter 9 - Rendered

I quickly get dress while Will waited in silence by the verandah of my chamber. After I'm done, I held my sight upon Will's solemn cast.

"You are a prince too?" I asked.

"Please agree with the clause Princess.." he mutters coldly and then he hastily walks away from me.

"Will, please.." I begged as I held on to his jacket not wanting to let go. "You had said you  wanted to take me some place away from here with you?"

"Just forget whatever I've said.." he snapped and then he roughly pulled his jacket off from my grip and amble towards the door.

"Will, I love you.." I utters as tears begins to glint in my eyes.

Will halted in a brief moment, however after he gave me his side cast, he turned his back towards me and left..

My heart shattered.. How could he present me with hope but only to crush it the moment we've almost attain it..? Those short memories of love which he had crafted for me is so powerful to ignore, but yet it leaves me powerless to forget..

****************************************

Will's POV

I could hear your sob before my hands touches the door knob. How I wish I could undo my words, undo my touch, my colourless promises which I've gifted you.

You proclaimed your love to me. My heart blooms and beam in such earnest glint. How I've wanted to held you in my arms and be lock in your embrace forever. But.. I can't..
We can't let this love drown us both, cause even if we swim in it, I'm afraid...

*****************************************

Finally The Grand Ball Event..

Weeks had passes on and the time had finally touches in, where Kingdom Orien Grand Ball begins, and of course not forgetting, my engagement with Prince Nokto..

"Sephira, please I'm begging you. Don't try to do unusual stuff, while we are at this very important event, that is crucial to our Kingdom." Warned King Theo sternly probably he saw my cast has been embedded with the mask of sorrow.

I held my sight lock upon the glistening marble not wanting to set any gaze upon any soul. I'm secluding myself, my emotions, my feelings, my heart. I felt so barren and empty.. It's like my body is there but my soul had fluttered off..

"Your highness.." it's him, the soul that had cruelly taken my heart but only to smash it.

"Sir William.." state Theo but his voice sounded kind of astonished.

"I'm fully regret to tell you that Prince Nokto is not able to attend to this grand ball, due to unforeseen circumstances that had happened in Kherash.." noun Will.

There and then he stole a short glimpse upon me. "As though I care.." shot my thoughts. "Please excuse me Your Highness, I will like to take few bites on those tasteful sweets.." I said meekly.