Chapter 27 - Realisation

"Ieyasu, I got you," I said with an anguish and alarmed note. I carefully lay him on his bed as he continues to groan in pain causing my heart to shudder. "He's burning up," rang my thoughts as I touch his forehead.

Few of the older lads and the maids soon came to Ieyasu's bunker to assist me. Some of the younglings were there too. Everyone was looking so distraught and worried.

"Gilbert, please do me a favour, go to the town state and get us a physician that could help us to treat Ieyasu. Those gold coins which you help us carry just now, will do to pay for the treatment fees.." I said with a massive sign of desperation knot in my voice.

"Will do Your Highness," utters Gilbert as he carried those bag of coins and carefully place it inside a bag which belongs to Ieyasu. In a drift he left.

"Tia, please get me some fresh bandages, salve and strong liquor.." I said as I gently begin to removed his clothes, carefully not to touch his stained bandages which might aggravate the pain even more.

"Will do Your Highness," she replied as she hurried away to gather the things which I requested.

While I was removing another sleeve off from his hand suddenly, something light had fell with a soft thud on the side of my feet. I quickly took a glance upon it, and it was the same tiny gift box, which Ieyasu had wanted to give me. I bend down and took it in my hand, with tears welling in my eyes.

Suddenly one of the younglings came closer to my side and ask, "Will Master Ieyasu be alright?" Her eyes were glimmering with tears that's bound to fall at any moment.

I look upon her front and gently placed my hands upon her shoulder. I tried to fend off my tears from falling down my cheeks as I couldn't break down in front of these younglings. I need to be strong for them and for Ieyasu. "He will be alright. Master Ieyasu is strong, I believe he will get better .."

"Jess, please bring your little brothers and sisters to the other bunkers. Give them some snacks before turning in, alright?" I coaxed them.

Jess nodded her head and in that grim moment, she had managed to lead the younglings to follow her back to their bunkers which were the only one left still standing without been burned down by the blaze..

I turned my attention back to Ieyasu as I held the gift box in my hand. "You will pull through Ieyasu, I will wait for you. Please don't break our hearts .." I gently rubbed the cold sweat off from his forehead and I heard him groan faintly.

" I gently rubbed the cold sweat off from his forehead and I heard him groan faintly

Soon Tia had came back with the necessities stuffs which I needed to treat Ieyasu. I took the liquor and pour some of it onto a clean cloth. As gently as I could, I lifted Ieyasu's head with my left arm and bring the soak cloth closer towards his lips. "Slowly sip this Ieyasu. It will makes you feel better.." I mutters, as I gently squeeze the liquor off from the cloth and let it lightly flow and drip into his mouth. Thankfully Ieyasu sip it little by little, until I was certain he had fallen into a deep sleep.