Chapter 32 - Hold

"Arghh.." I groan faintly as I stirred myself to the side of my mattress only to felt warmth sunny rays spilling its beam upon my face, forcing me to be awaken.

I fluttered my eyes several times as I tried to retain the presence sight which I'm bound to gaze. With that hazy glimpse soon I realised I'm back in my chamber room of my castle.

In a fit, I hurriedly pushed the coverlet off from my body when I heard a familiar voice murmuring closer to my form.

"Sephira.."

My warm tears wells in my eyes as I felt his cosy arms wrapping longingly around me. I sobbed and tremble as he gently caresses my hair and my back. "Ieyasu.." I mutters his name again and again.

"Sephira, please forgive me

"Sephira, please forgive me..I've failed..." his voice shattered so were his tears.

In a trance I gently pulled myself away from him but our gaze met. I slowly brings my hands and lightly caresses his face, his hair and his arms. "Ieyasu, you are alright. You are alright.." I whispered with a faint sigh of relief.

"I'm...I'm sorry Sephira...I'm so sorry. I've failed to protect you.." was all that he could muttered over and over again as he hold on to me closer to his chest.

"It's alright Ieyasu. It's alright, I'm so glad we are safe now.." I mutters as I held on him tighter to my form. I'm still trembling and my tears just won't stop falling. Suddenly a notion came into me. "How do we end up back in my castle..?"

"Luke had called upon Nokto for help..."

"Nokto? Where is he? Is he alright?" I asked as my heart clamours in my chest.

"Someone seems to be worrying about me.." that mocking voice seems to be coming around the back corner of my chamber.

In a trance, I gently pull myself away from Ieyasu and stride towards Nokto with my hand high up in the air.

Nokto continue to smirk with his arms wrapped across his chest.

I stood closer up to his front with my shaky hands still rise much nearer to his face. "Nokto.." I tremble as our eyes set upon each other. However, upon that agonising moment I threw my arms around him. "I've misunderstood you, please forgive me.."

"Hey, hey, hey..." he mutters as he flinched, I continue to sob in his arms, when suddenly he pulled himself away from me and gently wipe the tears off from my face. "Your highness, I seek your forgiveness for all the wrongdoings which I've cause you and your brother. In the end I've .. I've lost Will in the most disheartening way. And now I'm cursed with this incurable illness. I'm dying Sephira ..my days are numbered."

"Nokto.." that's all left for me to utters as our tears and emotions had drown our past dispute. I felt kind of lightness filling up the hollow of my soul, and I could almost feel Will's presence igniting closer to my spirit.

 I felt kind of lightness filling up the hollow of my soul, and I could almost feel Will's presence igniting closer to my spirit

From the corner of my glimpse, I peer upon Ieyasu, and he was beaming with smile.

Nokto might have notice my sudden attention towards Ieyasu and said, "The oath has been broken, you are a free man now. However there's something else which you truly needs to know." Marks Nokto as he urges Ieyasu to come closer towards him..

Ieyasu turns null and dumbfounded with that notably worrisome cast spill upon his face.

"Perhaps, it's the best we had this discussion later afternoon." State Nokto with a faint smile marks on his lips.

Ieyasu frown with an anticipating note of sadness dwell in his eyes as he remained silence for a moment and then he lightly nodded his head.

I frown with an anguished knot brew on my face, for suddenly my bright intuition, fell into a pit of insecurity, seeing Ieyasu looking remorseful.

"What's with that face?" Suddenly noun Nokto startling me off from my listless thoughts.

"Huh?" I exclaimed knotting my face into more map of anguish, as I held my gaze upon his smirking cast.

Ieyasu must had felt my anguish that he quickly laced my hand upon his and held it tight.

"Ieyasu, I expect you to be in my study chamber later noon." Noun Nokto and then he turn to face me and said, "And I expect only Ieyasu.."

**********************************
Breaking The Oath...

"I'm sure you ought to know the circumstances for getting yourself involved with the Queen, knowingly you are just a mere commoner?" State Nokto as he had his intense glare upon Ieyasu.

"I'm aware Your Highness.." state Ieyasu.

"You've done well caring for Orien's Queen and I believe your work is done here. You may continue your relationship with the Queen however, Her Highness need to step down from her throne with immediate effect if both of you had decide to carry on with this relationship. But again Ieyasu, I hope you will reconsider upon your decision because as you can see, Orien's citizen desperately in need of their Queen." Marks Nokto  and then he continues. "I leave the decision to you.."

Ieyasu nodded his head in acknowledgment but his eyes were already glint with shades of despair.

****************************************
Anticipation...

"Ieyasu.." I cried excitedly as I saw him stepping out from the study chamber.

He stood froze on the cold marble floor as I skipped cheerfully up to his front. But something seem to be amiss. He seems to be kind of cold and distant. His eyes were dawning the palate of emptiness. There's no glint, no lit, just empty.

"Ieyasu? What's wrong?" I asked with a dejected tone marks on my voice.

Ieyasu still had his empty gaze falls upon me with a sullen cast graze on his face. Upon that moment, he took few steps afar from me and in silence, he walks away, with no words spoken, no sign of emotion just null.

"Ieyasu.." I called out to him longingly but he never turned to look back...

" I called out to him longingly but he never turned to look back