Chapter 13 - Faltered

Few Fortnight Passes...

The instabilities upon the safety of our Kingdom could already be felt. Our borders has been attacked again, causing lots of lost of lives and properties. Our military sanction do all that it takes, making sure, our enemies doesn't penetrate right through our towns, cities and villages.

"We've got no other choice but we desperately in need, to recruit more men, to join in our military forces. Another thing is, our ammunition has run low. If they continue to plunder us like this, I'm afraid by end summers, Orien will fall." Noun Licht our Military Commander.

I shut my eyes within seconds with both my arms clenched tightly across my chest. "I'm going to Kherash, I will negotiate with their ruler, I will do anything as long as Orien is safe from their clutches.."

"But Your Highness, acting in such haste would not only endanger you but the whole Kindom of Orien too. I heard this new Ruler of Kherash is not only ruthless but he's cunning.." state Sariel our Prime Minister.

"King William is there anything that you can suggest?" I finally asked with a heaving sigh of dismay resounding in my voice.

"How about we bring this New Ruler of Kherash here? I will draft a letter of friendly invitation to him for us to look through..." replied Will.

"Bringing him here? Wouldn't that be easier for him to bring in his troops then?" Ask Licht in doubt.

"In my letter, we will set few rules and clauses if he's keen to come. But if he were to break the truce, he and his people will face the consequences. And mind you, our consequences won't be so thoughtful.." smirk Will.

"I like that.." state Sariel with a smile.

"Alright, draft us that letter, we will continue this discussion later tonight. Thank you everyone for the time. Meeting dismissed.." I said and then I had my glimpse on Will who seems to be fidgeting about something, while the rest of our ministers and officers had left. "Will, shall we have few moments together just the two of us.."

Will look up and had his eyes on me, there's grimace frown shaping his cast. In a swift, he came forward towards me and held me in his arms. "Oh please forgive me my Sweet Sephira, there's somethings which I need to foresee this noon, I will come later tonight with the letter.."

"Will, I've been feeling that, you are distancing yourself away from me, it's just like your presence is here but I can't feel it. I can't feel the real you anymore.." I spout as Will continue to lightly caresses the loose streaks of my hair in silence. "Will.." I murmured sadly..

Within that moment, he gently let go of my form and took a few steps away from me

Within that moment, he gently let go of my form and took a few steps away from me. "I've got to go.." he said and then he stride further away and close the door to our study chamber.

I fluttered my tears away as I took on a deep breath to compose myself. "Please forgive me Will, but I need to know where exactly are you going and who you are meeting?" Noun my doubtful thoughts upon Will.