19. Pyramid and rehearsals

Brooklyn pov
Jess
Lexi Sophie
Mischa ilona lemon lily
"Okay at the bottom of the pyramid we lily and lemon. Your trio won but you both didn't stand out to me in the group. Next is ilona. I thought you were great in the trio. But I think you could of used your face more. Next is Mischa and Sophie. Your solos were both fabulous and Mischa I thought your lyrical technique was amazing and Sophie I'm really proud of you for keeping up in the group. Next is Lexi. You won it was great I can still tell you have all your amazing acro tricks even with it not being your best style anymore. It just shows how hard you work. And on top of the pyramid again is Jess. She won, she used her face and showed if her beautiful technique. Now Jess isn't here today as she is performing at the kids choice awards. She will be back for rehearsals tomorrow. Now this week we are going to dream national dance competition in Placentia, California. I have three solos and one duet. My first solo goes to lily and it's lyrical. It's called sing for you. My next solo goes to lemon. It's also lyrical called daydreamer. My last solo goes to ilona. It's contemporary, called save me. My duet goes to Sophie and Lily and it's a modern/jazz number, called dig it. The group is lyrical called amazing grace. Now we will be doing the same choreography as Jess solo back in 2023. Now lily and Sophie you will not be in the group. Lily I want you to work on your solo and the duet. Same with Sophie I want you to work on the duet aswell. Okay solos and duet today group tomorrow"

Lily pov
" I'm super excited to have a solo and a duet with my best friend Sophie. I'm a bit nervous that my solo is lyrical as it's not my best style. It's definitely going to be a challenge but I think I can do it" "okay lily your solo is lyrical called sing for you. Now it's a really pretty mature piece not like all your other solos okay. Now I'm really going to challenge you this week because I know you can do it. You need to show all them that your not just some acro, jazz dancer. You can do other styles too. Okay let's start" I really like my solo cause it's challenging a lot but I just really wish Jess was here to help me with it. "I would have to say Jess is the best lyrical dancer on the team. She is just so elegant with all her movements and has amazing technique. I'm also happy that Mischa is here to help me since she isn't learning the group until tomorrow. Her past two solo have been lyrical and she was really good at it." After i finish rehearsals I go straight into duo rehearsals. I'm not the biggest fan of this duet. it's more of Sophie's level of dance than mine. After we all head home.

Lemon pov
"I'm excited for the group this week. It's lyrical called amazing grace, now my favourite solos of my sister was amazing grace so I'm really happy she gets to teach us all the solo. It really is such a beautiful dance and the song is amazing" "okay the group is lyrical called amazing grace. Now I have chose all of you to do it because I know you can all be very mature with this piece. Okay jess is back would you like to share your experience" miss hytes says "it was super fun working on the kids choice awards stage with all the camera crew and just being able to meet all the cool celebrities. It was just a amazing opportunity that I'm so grateful for" everyone claps "okay so Jess you are going to be teaching the choreography and then we can change bits and bobs okay. Let's star" the group is really pretty and so gracefull. I really hope we can win big with this routine. After we all head into the bus.