005.

RITE OF PASSAGE
season 5, episode 5

' i can't believe you don't
have an STD '

' i can't believe you don't have an STD '

"morning." fiona walked into the kitchen. it felt like ages since i've seen her.

"where have you been?" debbie raised her voice.

"i will tell you tonight. i've got news." fiona put a hand in her hip.

"what is it?" debbie asked.

"i'm gonna announce it tonight." she put her arms up in the air.

"don't know if imma be here tonight. but i'll try and make it." i drank my coffee.

"announcing it?" carl asked.

"you're making it sound like you're pregnant, fiona." i furrowed my brows and looked at her.

"well, i'm not." she laughed.

"okay, we're here. so just tell us now." debbie told fiona.

"i got plans tonight." carl spoke up.

"uh, so change them." fiona walked towards the table.

"for a stupid announcement? no, thank you." carl chuckled.

"it's news about your sister who you love. think you can spare an hour?" fiona asked him.

"gallaghers don't do announcements at dinner. we do blackouts, suicide attempt, but never announcements." debbie said as i was reminded of monica on thanksgiving.

"are you sure you're not knocked up?" carl asked.

"i'm sure." she walked back to the fridge with the juice.

"uh, brain tumor?" carl guessed.

"no. nothing like that." fiona laughed.

"we win the lottery?" debbie's voice grew louder.

"i got 10 bucks on the herp." carl betted.

"yeah, carl, that's right. i'm getting everybody together to announce that i have an STD. i'll text lip." she said sarcastically.

"you're acting weird." debbie furrowed her brows as the door opened. i looked to see who entered the house and found that it was sammi.

"what happened to you?" debbie asked sammi.

"just another of life's little speed bumps. nothing a gallagher can't handle." she put her arms on carls shoulders.

"you're not a gallagher." carl wiped his shoulders.

"in name, no. genetics, yes." she proved a point. "where's dad?" she asked.

"couch." debbie pointed to the living room.