nine

now playing
mine (ft. drake)
beyoncé — BEYONCÉ
—————— << | | >> ———————
0:00                                                    - 6:19

gabrielle

the 2022-23 season was officially starting for the golden state warriors and gabrielle was excited.

despite not having some of her closest friends on the court and in the stands, she was still going to be the loudest fan in the arena.

she invited her parents, sister and maya out so she could have some more company.

as she got ready for the game, she stared at the lock necklace around her neck. it was a gift from harley and she had the matching key.

she couldn't help but think back on the day her best friend left her.

flashback

"call me the second you land! and you know to text me or call me whenever because i'll always answer." the girl demanded.

gabrielle and jordan were seeing harley and gary off at the airport.

"i know gabi." harley giggled, holding onto her best friends hands.

"and gary. if i get a call from her saying she wants to come home, you'll be hearing from me okay?" she warned, pointing at gary.

"i understand gabrielle. but i got her, i promise." he smiled as she nodded.

"i love you guys so much." gabrielle sighed and hugged gary tightly.

"jordan, you better take care of my girl. you're all she's got left." harley warned jordan.

"trust me, i'm not leaving her." he smiled proudly.

the two girls hugged tightly as they let the tears flow.

"i love you bro." gary said as he dapped jordan up, patting his back.

"i love you too man. go be great." jordan hugged gary for a bit before pulling away.

harley and gary held onto their suitcases and made their way towards the airport doors.

they waved the whole way inside until they couldn't see jordan and gabrielle.

"come here." jordan opened his arms and gabrielle immediately fell into them.

"i'm gonna miss them so much." she cried into his chest as he rubbed her back gently.

"i know baby girl, i know." he sighed, trying to hold back his own tears.

gabrielle left her apartment and drove to chase center. her family was trying to find their seats when she walked in.

"what? give me that!" isabelle snatched the phone out of her husband's hand.

"i don't see no damn section 110!" sean exclaimed defensively.

"that's because it's up there." gabrielle pointed towards the section and stood next to them.

"ohhhh." they spoke in sync, making her laugh.

she shook her head and hugged them both. "where's maya?" her mom asked as they walked to their seats.

"she's on her way." she sighed, sitting down next to her mom.

"how are you doing?" isabelle held onto her daughter's hand.

"i'm alright momma i promise." she gave her a small
smile.