twenty-six

now playing
i only have eyes for you
the flamingos — flamingo serenade
——————— << | | >> ————————
0:00                                          - 3:20

9:00 am | omniscient

gabrielle quickly parked her car and ran into the chase center doors.

"am i too late?" she asked one of the security guards.

"nope! you're an hour early!" the woman politely spoke after checking her watch.

"oh that little—" she got cut off, seeing jordan standing behind the lady.

jordan had made it a very big point that she had to be at chase center by nine in the morning or else she'd miss the parade.

"hi gabrielle." jordan smiled widely at her. "jordan." she glared at him as he walked over to her.

"yes?" he happily replied, the smile never leaving his face.

"why'd you lie?" she huffed, looking up at him. he chuckled at how adorable she looked, even when she was mad.

"cause i had a feeling you'd come fashionably late and i didn't want that." he explained as he hugged her tightly.

"you're so lucky that you're right." she said, her words being muffled into his chest.

"thanks. now come with me." he grabbed her hand and walked her to where all of the families were.

"gabrielle!" the little voice of canon curry filled her ears as he came running towards her.

"hi bubba!" she bent down, in her heels, and hugged his small body.

"i think it's so cute how excited you get when you see me." she picked him up and held him on her hip, kissing his cheek.

"he loves him some gabrielle." ayesha smiled at the both of them before hugging gabrielle.

"alright bro i need you to stop stealing my girlfriend." jordan poked canon's nose, making him laugh.

"i'll see you later okay?" gabrielle gave him back to ayesha after kissing his forehead.

"okay!" canon spoke excitedly as they walked away.

"where are you taking me?" she furrowed her brows at him as he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"to my bus...duh." he sassily spoke as she shook her head at his mannerisms.

"oh there she is! hi sweetheart!" monet embraced gabrielle in a tight hug.

"hi mama mo! i missed you!" she rocked them back and forth before pulling away and smiling at her.

"now you never get this excited to see me." jordan crossed his arms in a childlike manner.

"jordan hush. how are you honey?" monet smacked jordan's arm before turning her attention back onto her son's girlfriend.

"i'm good! hey mr. poole." gabrielle smirked and greeted jordan's dad.

"stop calling me that! you making me feel old!"

"is that who i think it is?" mychal peered around the corner, tilting her head to the side.

"hiiii!" gabrielle squealed and ran over to hug her tightly.

jordan watched as gabrielle greeted almost everyone in andrew's family.

"you're looking at her like you wanna marry her." wiggs placed a hand on his shoulder.

"because i do." he sighed, finally saying it out loud.

as the two of them got closer to their anniversary, the more jordan realized he wanted to spend the rest of his life with her.

"for real?" andrew's eyebrows raised in shock.

"hell yeah. she's the one. she's been the one."

"aww JP's growing up!" wiggs shook his body side to side, making jordan laugh.

"alright bro chill." jordan pushed him off and walked towards his girlfriend.

——————————————————————

8:15 pm

after the very festive parade, jordan, gabrielle, j2, ralen, his parents and everyone else who was on his bus went to dinner. plus some special guests.

"i remember in a game against the suns, jordan was playing terrible defense and gabrielle called coach during halftime just to tell him to get onto jordan." audi said, laughing.

"if he was going to listen to anyone, it was gonna be coach." gabrielle shrugged as jordan laughed.

"but the defense did get better so you're welcome!"

"thank you baby." jordan kissed her cheek, smiling.

"that defense helped us win a championship so." andrew spoke, raising his glass and pointing it towards gabrielle.

"exactly." she tilted her head in his direction, pointing back at him.

"okay coach white calm down." jordan placed a hand on her thigh, squeezing it.

"hush." she glared down at him as he laid his head on her shoulder.

"are you coming home with me?" he asked, looking up at her.

"you want me to?"

"yeah." he smiled like a little kid.

"i'll think about it." she shrugged before taking a sip of her water.

"well you better think fast cause i'm leaving in ten minutes." he checked the time on his apple watch.

"then take me home."

"my house?" his eyebrows raised as he pointed at himself.

"no. my house." she giggled, copying his actions and pointing at herself.

"gabrielle you're coming home with me."

"i'm tired of seeing you. i've been around you all day." she smacked her lips, crossing her arms over her chest in a joking manner.

"well wake up cause you gon' see me some more." he mocked her, crossing his arms as well.

"i can't stand you." she scrubbed up her face and glared at him.

"then let's get you a chair." he pat her back before pretending to look for a chair.

"alright! i'll go with you." she gave in, over his antics. truthfully, she wanted to go home with him anyway.

"good."

"i respect the persistence." she pat his shoulder, smiling at him.

"appreciate it gang." he winked at her and initiated their hand shake, making her laugh.

the two finished their dinner, in ten minutes, and went to jordan's home.

"hi kota." gabrielle smiled and picked up the feline off the floor, carrying him in her arms to jordan's bedroom.

"i'm starting to think he loves you more than me." jordan chuckled as he finished tying his durag on his head.

"as he should." she giggled and laid down in his bed with kota on her lap.

"thank you for being here today." he intertwined his fingers with her free hand as he laid beside her.

"you're welcome. i'm always gonna be here." she squeezed his hand, looking up at him.

"i love you." he pulled her in for a kiss, holding the side of her face.

"i love you too jordan." she blushed and pulled away, looking down at kota with a smile on her face.

mya's quick minute 
heyyy
it's been a while...my bad

anywho, i hope you liked this one! 🫶