seventeen

omniscient

remember when jordan almost fought ja morant when golden state played memphis?

well, it was time for them to play each other once again. only this time, they were on the grizzlies turf.

now the last time they faced each other, the internet was not too nice about the situation that had unfolded.

flashback

"jordan what did ja say to you that made you snap?" a reporter asked jordan in his postgame interview.

"he spoke about someone who's very important to me in a disrespectful manner and i wasn't gonna tolerate that, especially since they weren't in a position to defend themselves at that time." he explained, playing with the gatorade bottle in front of him.

"and i didn't snap. but i probably would have if draymond didn't stop me." he finished before moving onto another question.

a fan who was pretty close to the interaction ended up exposing what was said on twitter and...

@randomuser1 me personally, i wouldn't take that level of disrespect 👀

@randomuser2 jordan poole is a real ass man. i wouldn't let someone talk about my girl like that either.

@randomuser3 ja talks too much bruh 💀 just play

@randomuser4 jordan overreacted. he was just joking around
|
@harleybrooks i don't know where you're from but where we come from, you don't make jokes like that. if anything jordan should've rocked his shit but he kept it cute.

@randomuser5 if it was such a big deal, why didn't gabrielle say something?

@randomuser6 i think this whole thing could've been avoided if ja never made the original tweet or said what he said

@randomuser7 i could've sworn ja and jordan made up after what happened in the playoffs 💀 clearly ja was still bothered

@randomuser8 at the end of the day, it's just a game.

end of flashback

gabrielle took a deep breath before walking into the fedex forum and trying to find her way to her seat.

in the middle of walking, she got stopped by a security guard.

"excuse me? are you miss gabrielle white?" he asked as she nodded hesitantly.

"yeah that's me. why?" she answered, looking the man up and down.

"ja morant would like to speak to you."

she furrowed her brows in confusion but reluctantly nodded and walked with the man. in all honesty, she kind of wanted to hear what he had to say.

once she spotted the man, she saw that he was already in conversation with jordan.

"what's going on here?" she asked, standing next to jordan and looking at ja.

"i just wanna apologize for the things i said on the internet and to your boy here. i don't know you personally so it was wrong of me to say those things." ja spoke sincerely.

"i appreciate it." she nodded, crossing her arms over her chest.

"i'm trying to keep the trash talk to a minimum from now on so you won't be hearing anything from me tonight." he chuckled, holding his hands up in defense.