thirty-three

november 23, 2023 | omniscient

"jordan you're about to get banned from this kitchen if you keep coming in here and eating the food!" monet popped her overgrown son's hand away from the pan of mac and cheese.

"sorry! i'm hungry ma!" jordan groaned as he threw away the plastic fork he used.

"you will wait like everyone else. understand?" she turned around with that look in her eye, and jordan knew she wasn't playing.

"yes ma'am." he sighed and walked out of the kitchen.

it was thanksgiving and both jordan and gabrielle's families would be spending it together.

"if it makes you feel any better, i'm not allowed in the kitchen either." gabrielle spoke as jordan sat down next to her.

"but i'm hungry." he whined as he laid his head on her shoulder.

"i know baby. but it's gonna be so worth it when we start eating." she squeezed his hand as he sighed.

"you right you right." he nodded his head before grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

gabrielle's phone started ringing and she grabbed it out of her lap to see who it was.

"hi!" she smiled widely as she came face to face with her best friend.

"hey! happy thanksgiving!" harley waved with a big smile on her face.

"happy thanksgiving. where's garbear?" she squinted, looking in the background for him.

"are you not excited to see me?" harley dramatically gasped and placed her hand over her heart.

"i am! but i haven't seen gary in a while." she explained with the smile on her face.

"i mean i guess." she rolled her eyes playfully before walking to find gary.

"gary!" gabrielle yelled out as she saw his face on her screen.

"gabi!" he excitedly spoke before looking for jordan.

"happy thanksgiving. is that jordan on your shoulder?" gary pointed at jordan's head that was partially in frame.

"mhm. he's upset right now." gabrielle glanced down at him before rubbing his cheek.

"why?" he snickered as she panned the camera over to him.

"i'm hungry!" jordan groaned loudly like a little kid, making gabrielle laugh.

"y'all ain't ate yet? we been ate."

"bro don't tell me that." he glared at the screen, making both gabi and gary laugh.

"my bad." he held his hand up in defense.

"well, i hope you and your people ate good and have a great day." gabrielle spoke kindly.

"thank you sisterrrrr. i hope you have a good day too." gary smiled at her.

"well, we love you and tell harley i'm gonna call her later." 

"gotchu. love y'all too." he waved as jordan saluted to him.

she blew a kiss at him before hanging up and putting her phone down.

"the food is ready!" monet and isabelle yelled out in sync.

"finally!" jordan exclaimed dramatically as he quickly got off the couch and made his way to the dinner table.

——————————————————————