twenty-one

omniscient

it was now march 25th and it was harley's birthday. it was also game day for the warriors but that wasn't gabrielle's main focus for the day.

gabrielle had got up extra early to go to the store and get harley a cake and balloons. she set it all up in the kitchen, happy with the way it looked.

she knocked lightly on harley's bedroom door before walking into the room. "harleyyyy." she whispered, shaking her body in attempt to wake her.

"what?" the birthday girl groaned and turned away from gabrielle. "well good morning to you too." she giggled.

"good morning." she sighed, sitting up against her head board. "i have a surprise for you." gabrielle smiled and pulled her out of bed.

she let her walk out the room first, recording her reaction. "happy birthday to you!" she started singing as harley walked into the kitchen.

"aw gabrielle." she pouted, seeing the set up on the island. "happy birthday dear harleyyy, happy birthday to youuuu!" gabrielle finished singing.

"you like it?" she asked as harley covered her face in shock.

"yeah! thank you." she nodded and turned around to hug her tightly.

"you're welcome! i also have another surprise that should be here in about 15 minutes." she checked the nonexistent watch on her wrist.

"oh lord."

"oh calm down! you'll like it i promise." gabrielle grabbed a knife and went to cut her a piece of the cake.

"is that red velvet?" harley asked as she saw the red inside of the dessert. "yes ma'am."

"wow. you really are my best friend." she dramatically cried, wiping her nonexistent tears.

"oh so i wasn't before?"

"i ain't say all that now." 

"mhm. just eat the cake girl." she chuckled before closing the box back. she went to put it in her refrigerator when a knock on the door caught both of their attention.

"looks like your surprise came early." gabrielle raised her eyebrows and quickly made her way towards the door.

she looked through the peephole to make sure it was the surprise and not some creep trying to kidnap them.

"okay. you can open it." she smiled and grabbed her phone to record again. "you and this recording...it's making me suspicious." harley furrowed her brows.

"just open the door!"

harley sighed and went to unlock the door. "happy birthday princess." gary smiled widely at her.

"oh my goshhhhh!" she squealed and jumped into his arms. "hey baby." he chuckled, rubbing her back.

"aww guyssss. y'all making me miss jp." gabrielle pouted and stopped recording.

"well i have one more thing for you."

"heyyyyy!" juan and audi yelled in sync as they walked through the door.

gabrielle and harley both screamed at the top of their lungs, or at least that's what it felt like for juan and gary.

the girls engulfed each other in a group hug. "i missed you guys." audi smiled and pulled away.

"wait...am i gonna be third wheeling?" gabrielle looked at the two couples in front of her.

"yeah..." juan awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.