twenty-seven

june 19, 2023 | gabrielle
11:25 am

"he's still asleep? i was hoping he'd be up by at least 10." gabrielle spoke as she checked her phone for the time.

"one thing about jordan, he gone sleep." monet laughed as gabrielle joined her.

jordan and gabrielle were in milwaukee with his family for his birthday.

since he and gabrielle were going on a trip in a month, he thought it'd be nice to spend his birthday with his family and friends in his hometown.

"if he don't wake up, he's gonna starve." she laughed and left the kitchen, going to his bedroom.

"jordan." she slowly walked in and stood beside his bed. of course, with him being a deep sleeper, he wasn't budging.

"poole!" she spoke in a louder tone, hoping he'd hear her. and he didn't.

"you're really gonna make me work for it huh?" she huffed before yanking his comforter off his body and shaking his body vigorously.

"aye!" he groaned as he turned over to look at her through squinted eyes.

"wake up!" she yelled as loud as she could.

"chillll." he held his hand out while his eyes attempted to adjust to how early it was.

"there's food waiting for you." she crossed her arms over her chest, yawning.

"food you say?" he quickly slipped on his glasses and whipped his head to look at her, smirking.

"yes sir." she nodded as he stood up to stretch.

"you made the food?"

"partially. your mom made it and i helped." she explained.

"oh then it's gone be good as fuck." he rubbed his hands together mischievously.

"before you go eat..." she trailed off before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing his lips softly.

"happy birthday baby." she smiled widely at him.

"you kissed me with my morning breath? oh you really love me then." he raised his eyebrows in shock.

"i do." she giggled as he leaned down to kiss her again.

"well thank you baby. i love you too." he smiled before walking to his door and opening it.

the two of them walked to the kitchen together and gabrielle sat down on the stool under the island.

"there's the birthday boy!" monet hugged him tightly before kissing his cheek.

"hey mama." he smiled and rubbed her back, looking down at the wide spread of food on the stove.

"happy birthday honey." she smiled, turning off the eye of the stove.

"thank you. what you got for me?" he rubbed his hands together and bit his lip.

"pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns." she listed off and pointed to each of the foods.

"damn!"

"jordan!" she smacked the back of his head, making him wince in pain.

"i'm sorry." he rubbed the back of his head as gabrielle laughed.

"oh you think this is funny?" he turned around, glaring at his girlfriend.

"a little bit." she squinted through two of her fingers that were closing together.