Chapters 81-90

Chapter 81: Storehouse key, grab it if you have the guts

Even when Helian Zuixiang was shouting like this, the child huddled on the ground had no reaction. Han Yunxi had already determined that he'd lost consciousness from the cold. His little body had stopped moving, which meant things would turn serious if it continued. She was anxious. Little Chen Xiang, ah, little Chen Xiang. When will the reinforcements arrive?!

She was a wangfei with an empty title. Though she couldn't face off against the likes of Princess Changping or Mu Liuyue, she could still move the justice courts to action, even the Ministry of Appointments that Han Yuqi placed so much faith in. This stupid, arrogant Han Yuqi needed just such a lesson!

Seeing no response from her son, Helian Zuixiang was almost crazy. She crawled to Han Yuqi's feet and implored him through her tears, "Eldest young master, the storehouse key really isn't in my hands. I'm begging you, let us go!"

"Eldest young master, no matter what, Yunyi's still your little brother. On behalf of old master, just spare him! I'm begging you!"

"Eldest young master, I'll kowtow to you!"

Han Yunxi couldn't bear to look at this anymore. She was about to stop her when Han Yuqi perversely kicked Helian Zuixiang aside. "You think it's not there just because you said so? Someone, come do a strip search for this young master!"

What?

These words frightened Helian Zuixiang into curling up on the ground, while Han Yunxi wordlessly pushed aside the servant blocking her way to rush in front of the woman. She spread open her arms to protect Helian Zuixiang.

"The storehouse key is with this wangfei, whoever has guts can search me instead!" she said coldly, eyes glaring as her body emitted an aggressive air. Those who saw her couldn't help but be seized with dread.

What?

The storehouse key was with Han Yunxi Han Yuqi gave a start before laughing. "Han Yunxi, this joke's not funny at all."

"Really?" Han Yunxi wore a mocking smile as she casually withdrew a key from her sleeve in front of all the onlookers.

It was a copper key of simple and unsophisticated make, having been passed down through generations of the Han Clan. It almost seemed to have a life of its own as it shone with an indistinct light. Though many of those present had never seen the storehouse key, Han Yuqi had spotted it multiple times in his father's hands. This was the symbol of the Han Head of House, his long yearned-for precious treasure. He recognized it at a glance! His eyes grew so wide that he turned stupefied.

"Is it funny now?" Han Yunxi smiled coldly.

"You...you actually...you slut, what right do you have to get the storehouse key! Give it to me!"

When Han Yuqi recovered, his expression took on the semblance of a avaricious, starving wolf seeing meat for the first time in ages. At this, the people around him grew astonished as well.

Heavens, why was the storehouse key in Han Yunxi's hands?

What was the meaning of this?

It couldn't be that the old master had handed it Han Yunxi personally? How could it be, didn't the old master loathe his married daughter? Nobody could understand, neither did Han Yuqi want to understand. Greed shone from his eyes as he threw himself forward to snatch it. But Han Yunxi anticipated this long ago and stuck the key inside the front of her robes, where it fell to rest by her stomach.

Seeing this, Han Yuqi stopped. "You!"

"How's that?" Han Yunxi raised an eyebrow.

No matter how bold Han Yuqi was, he still didn't dare to touch her. As useless as she was, she was still Qin Wangfei! Han Yuqi could rave and be rude, but if he really tried to search her, even if his grandfather was the Ministry of Appointments magistrate--or the emperor himself--Long Feiye wouldn't let the matter go!