Chapters 221-230

Chapter 221: Your lordship's matters have nothing to do with you

Tang Li should have succeeded?

Han Yunxi found the news unexpected as she went with Long Feiye to the Wang Clan's estate.

Meanwhile, Leng Shuang Shuang was still rooted to the same spot in shock. The ten assassins exchanged glances, none of them daring to speak. On their left, Gu Qishao was resting lazily atop a tree, hidden by the luxurious cover of leaves. He didn't give a whit about who wanted to kill Long Feiye. He'd rather all the powers in Cloud Realm Continent send forces to suppress the Duke of Qin! He only cared about Han Yunxi. Those poison needles back then clearly came from the Tang Clan, while that Giant Bat Poison was no simple thing. Just what had Han Yunxi done to the bat king in such a short time to create an internal massacre?

Gu Qishao waited until Leng Shuang Shuang and the rest went away before dropping to the ground. He carefully inspected the bat king. Unknown to him, someone else was still hidden in the groves on the right and watching the entire scene. This person was none other than Tianning's Gu Beiyue from the Imperial Physician Courtyard. His focus was wholly on the corpse of the bat king. When Gu Beiyue saw Gu Qishao collect all of the giant bat corpses, a complicated look flitted past his eyes. In the end, he turned back, his figure flickering out of existence in the air. Such a feat would probably render even the highest level experts speechless at the sight.

This was a man with hidden depths and secrets!

--

It was already daybreak by the time Long Feiye and Han Yunxi reached the Wang Clan's estate in Medicine City. Mama Su had long been taken here by Tang Li. Han Yunxi realized in hindsight that the empress dowager had found Mama Su at the Mu estate in Medicine City after all. She'd released the news on purpose to sound out Long Feiye while offering rewards to the City of Daughters and Carefree City. Such a snare was meant to trap Long Feiye while the palace sent other experts to steal Mama Su away.

Instead, Long Feiye had met a plot with a plot by drawing away the people from the City of Daughters and Carefree City, making it simple for Tang Li to steal Mama Su himself. Actually, Tang Li had easily taken Mama Su away before the City of Daughters or Carefree City had even retreated. Admittedly, the sight of him standing in the courtyard with snow white robes gave Han Yunxi a mistakenly positive impression again. It was a pity that the illusion was shattered as soon as he opened his mouth. A long, long time later, Han Yunxi told Tang Li that every time she saw him, she felt like poisoning him mute, leaving the man in a cold sweat.

Long Feiye walked over and Tang Li spoke up, quick to take credit for his achievements. "I didn't use any assassination tools but finished the job with my bare hands. Only one survivor was left to report back. I bet that old lady's angry enough to lose sleep over it."

"Where's the person?" Long Feiye asked coldly.

Han Yunxi's eyes lit up. She thought that if Tang Li hadn't killed Mama Su yet, he was probably waiting for Long Feiye to come back and interrogate her. Could she use this chance to find out more about his past? She hadn't wanted to know so much before, but since this guy had already told her about the Tang Clan, it'd be strange if she wasn't curious. If Long Feiye's mufei was from the Tang Clan, then who was his father? Women of the Tang Clan didn't marry outsiders. Why was Long Feiye brought to the palace as soon as he was born? If he really wasn't someone who coveted wealth and rank, power or status, then what was the point of staying within Tianning's imperial clan?

"I was bored senseless waiting for you two, so I tried to extort a confession...so then..."

Tang Li didn't get to finish before an unhappy Wang Gong butted in. "He accidentally extorted her to death."