Chapters 191-200

Chapter 191: Poisoning, he's a bit impatient

Long Feiye's words left the three women stupefied. Murong Wanru couldn't believe her own ears. The Duke of Qin, he...he came back, not to attend her wedding, but to take Han Yunxi and leave?

No!

She couldn't accept it. How could the Duke of Qin be like this!?

Han Yunxi didn't expect this either and narrowly avoided laughing out loud. This guy was simply back to cause trouble. See how Murong Wanru had flaunted just then! Fine, she could admit the troubles were dispelled from her mind. Right now, she was very willing to forgive him for being absent last time. Han Yunxi glanced at Murong Wanru the same time she glanced at her, and couldn't help but quickly muffle her lips. Still, anyone could tell she was secretly laughing!

Murong Wanru was utterly discomfited. Shamed into anger, she finally fell apart as her eyes turned red. She looked at Grand Concubine Yi and burst out in a fit of temper, "Mufei, just look! The Duke of Qin's being a bully!"

After all, Murong Wanru was a white lotus. In front of the Duke of Qin, she'd alway acted like a spoiled and pitiful young Miss. This time she must have been truly hurt since she couldn't hold back. Long Feiye particularly detested these types of women that went around complaining and acting like a brat. Even if he did bully women, it wasn't something he did on purpose as he pleased. Impatience flitted past his eyes; he didn't want to spare Murong Wanru another glance.

"Feiye, you're too much! Tomorrow, Wanru's getting married, it's a major event. As an older brother, how could you not show up? No matter how important it is, it can't be any more important than tomorrow! No one's going anywhere tonight!" Grand Concubine Yi set down an order.

"Erchen's matters are very urgent, may mufei forgive me." Long Feiye's patience was limited, so he glanced at Han Yunxi as soon as he finished before turning to leave.

"You stop right there!" Grand Concubine Yi was finally angry. She took a big stride forward and blocked him from the front, asking in a huff, "Feiye, you won't even listen to mufei's words? What's so much more important that Wanru's wedding!? Why don't you say it for us all to hear?!"

"Private matters, very urgent, leaving is mandatory," Long Feiye said succinctly, his tone even more forceful than Grand Concubine Yi's.

"And if mufei insists that you stay?" Grand Concubine Yi didn't budge.

"May mufei forgive me," Long Feiye replied, determined to depart.

Mother and son had gotten into a conflict. It wasn't known whether it was the first time, but this was usually when the white lotus would step up as the peacemaker. But Murong Wanru only stood in place, looking bitterly at the Duke of Qin. She felt extremely aggrieved. Already, she was being forced to marry against her will, so couldn't the Duke of Qin treat her a little better?

She just wouldn't speak, waiting to see whether Grand Concubine Yi would comfort her.

Han Yunxi's eyes turned crafty as she stood up, taking Grand Concubine Yi's hand as she coaxed, "Mufei, His Highness must have some secret orders to complete. He probably can't go against them or divulge any details. It was urgent enough for His Highness to come back at this time; otherwise, he might have returned sooner." Han Yunxi paused. Seeing that Grand Concubine Yi didn't immediately refute her, she knew that things looked hopeful.

Grand Concubine Yi was known amongst the imperial family for doting on her son. She also depended on him for her status, and it was only through this son that she had her position today. Could she really make things difficult for him just for the sake of a foster daughter?