Chapters 201-210

Chapter 201: Peeking at her secret

Just when Han Yunxi was at a loss, little Yi'er anxiously grabbed her hands. "Big sis, look quickly, it didn't hit the heart. There's hope! He can still be saved!"

Han Yunxi whipped her head back, only to see little Yi'er already undoing the robes over Gu Beiyue's chest and wiping away all the surrounding blood. There was only one spot still bleeding on the right of the heart. Without a doubt, it was the site of the injury and the place where the Plum Blossom Needle had struck its target. The needle had long buried itself deep into the body and was impossible to see with human eyes.

This spot, although very close to the heart, had still missed the organ itself!

How could Gu Qishao miss? Was it a coincidence that he bypassed it by a hair? If he was even a little bit off, he would've taken a life!

Han Yunxi didn't have time to consider so many details. She suddenly felt that the clouds had parted on a gloomy day and filled the world with light!

There was hope! She had to save him first!

Han Yunxi immediately concentrated more than 100 percent and withdrew some blood-stemming medicine to stop Gu Beiyue's bleeding. Soon after that, she had Seventh Madame find people to carry him inside a room. This needle differed from the one that had pierced Mu Qingwu in the past. It didn't have any poisons, so all she had to do was pull it out. Very quickly, little Yi'er brought over a type of medicated plaster called "Scattered Needle Plucker." Its prescription consisted of three mace[1] of magnetite (ground up), one mace of defatted cottonseed powder (to eliminate oils), five mace of caster beans (to eliminate oils again), six dung beetles, and two fen[2] of musk. The function of this object matched its name as a tool used to pluck needles from the flesh.

A sigh of emotion had to be given to the strength of traditional Chinese medical science. Magnetite was the key ingredient in this formula because of its strong magnetism. Ancient gold and silver needles used in acupuncture all typically contained traces of iron, which could be attracted and removed via the magnetite. The rest of the ingredients were there to lubricate, reduce inflammation, and stop pain and bleeding for the patient. However, Han Yunxi had already used three Scattered Needle Pluckers without any effect.

A flash of suspicion flitted past her eyes before she took out one of the Tang Clan hidden weapons and placed it beside some magnetite. As it turned out, there was no magnetic reaction at all. In other words, the purity of Tang Clan weapons was extremely high. Any traces of iron left in their weapons could be completely disregarded! Tang Clan assassination weapons well deserved their reputation! If the needle had sunk any deeper into the flesh, it would have been impossible to retrieve without a way to stop the bleeding. If it had been coated in poison, even a person like her with a detox system on hand would find it difficult to take care of the toxin, much less other poisons doctors.

Poison-dipped Tang Clan assassination weapons would truly be fierce.

Han Yunxi wasn't sure if the discovery should gladden or worry her. All right, when faced with Gu Beiyue's current state, she could only feel distressed.

"Abominable!" Han Yunxi spat out. She wasn't cursing the Tang Clan weapons, but Gu Qishao, who had hurt an innocent person!

"Big sis, what do we do? It's too dangerous to operate on him and remove the needle." Little Yi'er didn't have much experience, but he'd studied countless medical cases before. His worry was well-placed.

This Plum Blossom Needle wasn't poisonous, so Han Yunxi couldn't use her detox system to appraise its exact location in the body. Because she couldn't be certain, she couldn't risk cutting open the skin. If she happened to cut too deep and couldn't stop the bleeding afterwards, it might as well be murder. Han Yunxi's eyes lowered as she stared at Gu Beiyue's chest, her quiet face filled with deep thought. Seeing this, little Yi'er didn't dare disturb her. He really felt sorry for Uncle Beiyue. Originally, they were supposed to celebrate heroic deeds, but somehow things had ended up like this.