Chapters 141-150

Chapter 141: Han Yunxi gets taken advantage of

When Han Yunxi asked about himself, Gu Qishao licked his lips in bewilderment. He didn't immediately reply, but sat back down on the warm bench until he was half lying down. One hand propped up his head as he looked at her with interest.

What was this fellow doing?

Han Yunxi leaned against the cupboard on one side, arms crossed as she stared at him with knitted brows. Unexpectedly, Gu Qishao started blinking at her with his enchanting eyes, his long lashes quivering innocently as if he wouldn't hurt a soul. He appeared charming down to his very bones.

What an annoying rascal!

Han Yunxi gave a start, finding it difficult to pull her eyes away. She narrowly avoided being bewitched by the sight; fortunately, she was calm enough to look elsewhere. She picked up a teacup and threw it his way. Sadly, Gu Qishao caught it in his hands.

"Exactly what do you want?" This scoundrel, Han Yunxi was about to lose against him. She was very, very tired, and wanted nothing more than to sleep.

"Answer my question. You were a useless trash since youth and the Han family has no poisons knowledge. Your mother Lady Tianxin was highly skilled in the medical arts, but not poisons. When you entered the bridal sedan chair, there was still a poison scar on your face, but it was treated by the time you alighted. At what age did you start learning about poisons? You've never left the capital and rarely left the Han house, so who taught you?"

Hearing Gu Qishao's words, Han Yunxi narrowed her eyes with a cold laugh. "You've certainly investigated thoroughly."

Gu Qishao wasn't modest at all. "Of course, I even know that you..."

But before he could finish, Han Yunxi suddenly starting shouting, "Ah...! Someone come, there's an assassin!" Since he couldn't get any answers out of her, she didn't want this guy taking up her precious sleeping time!

Gu Qishao was caught unawares as he suddenly jumped up. "You!"

Han Yunxi exerted renewed efforts. "Someone come, quick! The assassin's right here!"

Soon enough, the sound of footsteps came hurrying towards them from four directions. It'd taken Gu Qishao considerable effort to get inside. He narrowed his eyes and licked his lips, before giving Han Yunxi a big thumbs up. A dangerous aura settled around his form.

"You're really not afraid that I'll use you as a hostage?"

But Han Yunxi didn't dread the threat at all. She lazily crawled into her bed with an as-you-will expression before closing her eyes. Of course she wasn't scared of him. If he was really dangerous, she would've been in danger long ago.

Gu Qishao gave a minute start before breaking out into wild, soundless laughter. This woman really was too interesting! He liked it! Although the footsteps outside were getting closer, Gu Qishao still didn't plan on escaping just yet. His figure brushed over and quietly drew closer to Han Yunxi, who only felt a gust of wind drift past her face. She subconsciously opened her eyes, only to see...

At the same time that Han Yunxi opened her eyes, Gu Qishao bent down and lightly pressed his lips against her forehead. It was a brief touch at most, soft and a little ticklish, even lighter than the breath that brushed against her face.

In that instant, she saw the perfect curve of his chin and the slight movements of his Adam's apple. Everything about him was very close. As it turned out, this man who looked more beautiful than a woman had all the angles and curves of a man. Han Yunxi's eyes grew wide as her entire body turned stiff. All that was left was her flustered, panicked heart, pounding wildly in her chest.