24

Emmas POV

I layed in my bed hearing my parents yell at Ella once again. I dont get why they treat her like crap now since they used to practically praise her, it might as well be me since im a horrible sister and daughter. I've been spending most of my time with Ricky, ignoring everything that was going on. We've gotten pretty close and he asked me to be his girlfriend yesterday and I couldn't have been happier, after almost a month of going on a bunch of dates.

"Emma!" I heard my parents call. I sighed and slowly walked down the stairs.

"What?" I asked. They sighed and motioned for me to sit down. I raised my eyebrows and sat on the couch.

"Emma, your father got a job in which pays way more so we're going to have to move next week" my mom said slowly. I looked at her confused.

"To what? Like a different house?" I asked. My parents simply shook their heads.

"Ella, we're going to move to California. You need to start packing your room today" my dad said. I quickly stood up and ran to my room, slamming the door behind me. I laid on my bed face down and didn't realize I was crying until I felt the pillow get wet.

How could they do this? Right after my life started to actually mean something, they decide to take it away. They don't even act like parents. They're always gone on 'business trips' leaving me and Ella alone for days, even weeks. I don't get why I can't stay here. It's just one more year till I turn eighteen.. One year and a half...

I took out my phone and texted Ricky.

(Emma Ricky)

Hey

Hey Em

I have some bad news...

What? You're not breaking up with me are you?

No, I would never do that

Okay...so what is it

I'm moving to California

Ricky?

When?

Next week

Oh

Are you okay?

Yeah... I have to go to Chris's house, I'll text you later

Okay bye

I should have just told him face to face. He's probably mad at me now. I sighed and fell asleep to the sound of JoJo purring.