Chapter 18

Chapter Eighteen:

The Hunt

There were tears streaming down Ivy's face as she held a warm cup of tea in her hands. Pain echoed through her head with every heartbeat. Her body ached everytime she had to breathe. The worst feeling, other than everything, was the nausea which threatened to make a bad situation even worse. Ivy couldn't remember feeling sick; ever. At least not since her Gift had developed. Seeing as she'd been a young girl when it was discovered, Ivy felt safe to say she'd never gotten this sick in her life!

"Morning."

Ivy tilted her head, wincing in pain, as Mari walked in. Unlike Ivy, Mari looked far more ready to face the day. Her hair could have been neater and she was still in the clothes from last night. Yet, she didn't seem to be in any sort of pain. Which only made Ivy want to strangle her.

"Sh...sh..." Ivy tried to get something constructive out but ended up wincing too much from the sound of her own voice.

"Hurts doesn't it?" Mari asked, trying to push back the laughter by biting her lip. "That's what you get for letting Justin take you to bed."

"I WHAT‽"

Pain, all the pain. Ivy had tried to stand up only to fall back into the chair. At one point she was pretty sure she'd seen the sun explode behind her eyes.

"Yup, you also asked him if he liked your boobs."

Ivy's face turned bright red which showed very well due to the stark contrast of her white hair.

"You look like a cherry with whipped cream on top!" Mari laughed at her friend's embarrassment.

"Mari, am I pregnant?"

"Too soon to tell," Mari said, biting a finger to keep from dying of laughter. "I think you're supposed to pee on a stick in two weeks?"

"But what will Donny think?" Ivy was so grief stricken. "He's going to think I'm a whoooore!"

"To be fair, you told Dante he had to marry you before you screwed him. Then again...you didn't apply that to Justin."

"I am a whore!" Ivy concluded.

At that point Razaria and Dante walked into the room to check on Ivy for the first time that morning. Both of them looked fine in comparison to the light haired friend. Unlike Mari the both of them had a fresh pair of clothes on too. Razaria had a little bit of red in her eyes, which was so faint that it was hard to tell from a distance anyways. Dante looked perfectly fine; which made sense as he hadn't been a part of the group that had gone out drinking the other night.

"You are not a whore," Dante said in reassurance to the distraught girl.