Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen:

Meddlesome

Razaria stepped off the train and stretched towards the dappled sunlight. There were trees swaying overhead, helping to block out the heat of the summer day. There were trees of various shapes and shades of greens as far as the eye could see, dotting the classic landscaping. Unlike Spiritwood, Wolvesbane still felt like it was stuck maybe a hundred years in the past. The train station was made with brick, stones, and wooden timbers rather than anything modern. And after what seemed like forever of being trapped in a metal tube, it was a nice change of pace. Especially as she she'd been limited to watching dumb Rom-coms with Ivy the entire time. She watched as the rest of her friends got off the train one by one, Ivy literally jumping to the platform from the train.

"Solid ground!" She said happy to be off the train.

"Technically the train was solid ground Ivy," Justin said to the young white haired female.

"No, it was moving," Ivy argued back.

Razaria looked at Justin as he and Ivy had their little debate. She wondered how Dante would react if she started to pay Justin little more attention then she perhaps should. Dante had made it clear that there was no room for a relationship with him. It was also true that Razaria had perfected the art of doing without people. She'd been planning to leave the group the moment she could prior to being kidnapped by Bernard. It was also true that casual relationships were fun. If nothing else it would make life on the road a little more enjoyable. It gave her plenty more options for how to fill her time at the very least. She'd flirted with the idea of seeing where everything went with Dante; especially on the night of her birthday. That hadn't gone exactly how she had planned. Or anything like how she had planned actually. Granted she'd planned it within five minutes but still - she hadn't thought he'd wake up and try to set them back on a platonic course. And she had to admit Justin wasn't a horrible option as far as partners went. She didn't really know him of course but at least he was pretty and had a nice body. She smiled absentmindedly to herself.

"Justin," Razaria called to him.

He looked at her curious and made his way over. Dante watched in with a downtrodden, critical gaze as Justin was up to his usual tactics. Such tactics, when it came to women, generally included seducing them and then dumping them when he got bored. Especially women who were first a part of Dante's life. Dante couldn't hear what was being said exactly but he knew he didn't like the looks of it. He liked it even less when Razaria stood on her tiptoes to reach Justin's ear and whisper something to him. If the grin that slowly crept over Justin's face was anything to go off of, Razaria had just said something most people would consider inappropriate to his best friend.

"You should stop looking at them like you want Justin to explode."

"But I do want his head to explode," Dante muttered in response to Mari.

"Which one?" Mari questioned as she snickered which caused Dante to have an internal debate.

As the group conversed back and forth, or flirted as was the case with Razaria and Justin, people rushed by them. Some were going to see family over the summer holidays. Some were tourists trying to experience the different culture and beauty that Wolvesbane had to offer. Then there were people in the crowd all around them that were just trying to live their life.