Epilogue

Epilogue

Razaria sat up slowly. Her head felt like she'd drank an entire bottle of that Anima alcohol and then took a punch to the teeth. As she held her head in her hands, she felt fabric shifting oddly on her body. When she looked down she realized that she wasn't in the last dress she remembered having on. Instead she was in a loose fitting, thin gown - she was in a hospital gown. As soon as she could muster the strength to get to her feet, Razaria got off of the bed that felt way too familiar. She staggered over towards the door and slammed her fists against it. She could hear the hits echoing across the room. The more she struck the door, the more she could feel the bruises-that-would-be. Razaria pushed herself against the door as another wave of dizziness set in.

She slid down against the door until she was able to sit on the floor. Razaria put her back to the wall and pulled her legs up. A feeling of rage and anxiety raced through her; her heart felt like it had just finished running a marathon and her lungs agreed with that. She could feel herself shaking as she looked around the smaller room. The same furniture, the same color scheme...she knew that she had to have been back in The Organization.

The only thing that struck her as odd was the round, thick window that was on the wall. She didn't remember there being any windows in the building the whole time she'd been there. Wearily she got to her feet to go have a look. Her fingers bent around the window seal as she leaned into it.

For a moment she saw nothing. It was all dark. But as her eyes focused she saw that darkness shifting, rippling. Razaria jumped back as something moved past her window. No, not moved.

Swam.

She was under water.

"Welcome back, Razaria, we missed you."