Chapter 11

Arise

You woke up first.

It was probably the afternoon but you were feeling dizzy as if it was already night.

You looked around yourself. Your bedroom...? When did you get there?

Weren't you outside acting as a spy-

"Oh my god!" you exclaimed as the memories flowed back in your hand: a minister kissed your neck and for who-knows-why Lio got mad over it and he transformed into a dragon and now he was in your bed sleeping.

And your fingers were intertwined with his.

You were about to stand up when you suddenly blocked yourself: maybe resting there...wasn't so bad.

That proximity made you blush heavily.

You remained there as your heart pounded due to worry: Lio still didn't wake up, what if he actually didn't wake up for eternity?

No, you couldn't let yourself think that. You needed to stay strong.

You slightly moved nearer to him, to hear his body move as he breathed: that was the only thing giving you hope. If he was breathing he was still there.

You didn't realise you were shivering.

"Hey, Lio...it would be a good thing if you actually woke up" you whispered as you played with the fabric of his clothes.

But only the sound of his calm breathing filled the room. You couldn't even hear your mother outside of your room.

It was just you, and Lio.

You clenched on his clothes and almost hid your face there with much of your displeasure: the fact that you could not touch him with other parts of your body that weren't gloved hands was starting to annoy you.

You needed to wake him up. And soon. What if he died from starvation?

You reluctantly stood up and left him. As you stood up, you noticed that he looked more relaxed than before: was he mantaining self-control?

You looked again at his skin, where your tear fell when you tried to wake him up before he could transform: that was the proof that he could return back to normal. You just needed to understand what criteria were required to fulfill to bring him back.

You walked towards the door and opened it, but you only got out if it once you saw that your mother wasn't there: you absolutely didn't want to confront her, she would have only yelled at you.

But you didn't understand: she was the one that taught you that we should help everyone that needs it, no matter who they were, so why was she against the idea of you helping Lio?

You went towards her study, where your love for machines began: there were still lots and lots of books scattered all across the room, some on the shelves and some other directly on the floor.

You sat down on the floor, starting to read again all those books, trying to search for a possible anedocte that could have helped Lio, in case you read it as a child but didn't give it much thought.

You started with the ones on the floor and then later on continued with the ones on the shelves: but still nothing.

You quickly got tired of checking through those books: in the end you discovered that you remembered every word of them, and there was nothing that could have helped you with bringing Lio back.