Chapter 18

The letter

You were about to scream as you watched your mother's lifeless body on the floor. She already had a dull look in her eyes...

You just opened your mouth to yell out of pain when someone covered it: you recognised his hand.

It was Lio.

You couldn't see him, but he had a sorry look in his eyes: prohibiting you from letting out your pain in that occasion...he felt cruel.

He slowly turned you around so that you could not see that horrible view: now the only thing that you could see was his chest with your wide-open eyes.

You only realised in that moment that you were trembling madly.

Lio reluctanly sighed as he held you stronger to assert his presence there for you: he wanted you to know that he was there for you.

He held you with one hand and caressed your head with the other.

"Shhh...I'm here" he repeated as he tried to calm down your shivering body.

He didn't say that everything was okay: of course, how could it be okay? You just became an orphan and lost your only blood relative.

With much of his surprise, you strongly tugged on his shirt, but when he looked down, he saw silent tears flow down your eyes and felt your heavy breathing.

He frowned: he despised seeing you like that.

...I need to get her out of here, he quickly thought.

But where to now?

He tapped on your back, signaling that he wanted to bring you out of that room, and immediately.

He reluctantly moved from the hug, only to see more clearly than before your bloodshot eyes full of tears. He then brought you on your bedroom: it was destroyed as well, only part of the bed remained intact.

He made you sit down on it as you had to breathe repeatedly to calm down: but it was useless, you were now having a panic attack.

"Y/N...I need to leave you here in your bedroom for a while. I need to collect everything that may be useful and take you out of here" he stated whispering.

But right when he was about to take a step you grabbed his wrist, causing him to turn around and look at you. You were so desperate that you felt shameful for acting like that in front of Lio: you felt like a burden.

Lio never felt so sad for someone before.

He loomed down and gently grabbed your cheeks.

"Y/N...I won't leave, I promise that. Can you stay here for a while? After that we will run away and..."

I'll be all yours, he wanted to say, but it wasn't the right moment.

You shakily nodded and closed your eyes as you gulped: you were trying to send away the knot in your throat.

"...that's my girl"

Lio wryly smiled, and he pressed a kiss on your forehead. It felt like an eternity, and you could feel the warmth from his lips.