Chapter 12

Virus

(Trigger warning: guns, blood and stabbing)

It was like a polar climate.

You were in a white long rectangular room with air conditioners on the walls to mantain the temperature cool. It was probably a room with 20 meters for width and 100 meters for height. You were on a platform that was connected to a bridge, and under the bridge was probably the coldest water you had ever seen. There were four platforms on the bridge, probably to give some rest to whoever was walking there. And on the other end of it, there was effectively what you were searching. Ice.

The bridge was probably there to make things difficult for an intruder, despite the platforms.

To make things difficult for someone like you.

Then again, you were quite freezing, and you had to rub your arms frequently to mantain some heat.

"...maybe I should have dressed with more layers" you told yourself.

No time to think about your outfit though: you needed to get the ice, and quickly.

Luckily you had some syringes with you: you could have taken some of the ice there with them and lately injected it into Lio's body.

With all your strenght you proceeded to walk on the bridge, trying not to look down into that dark water. What if you fell down there and instantly freezed there?

A Promare there would have been convenient in case.

With much of your relief you reached the first platform and breathed back: one step at the time, you could have done it. Like you always did.

For Lio.

With him in mind, you walked slightly faster than before, and quickly found yourself on the second platform: two more to go.

How was he doing though? Had he woken up?

Was he throwing fists against the door because he was locked inside?

Then a frightening thought crossed your mind: what if your mother met Lio and he lost control...? You had to admit that you were equally scared for both of them. Your mother could have easily knocked him out but Lio could have also lost control and killed her inadvertedly.

You had to speed things up.

You were now near the third platform when you heard a noise behind you. And then right after, a voice.

"HEY, YOU, STOP RIGHT THERE"

It was a guard's voice.

You got caught.

You groaned in annoyance even though your veins were filled with adrenaline, and just when you heard the running noise of their steps you took out your knife from your glove and nonchalantly turned around to face them with the knife pointed at their face.

But when you turned around, you also saw the gun between your eyes.

Shoot...I had to know that I wouldn't have been the only one with a weapon.

Both you and the guard had your own weapons pointed at your faces. Well, not entirely true, you had the knife pointed at their neck, ready to slaughter them anytime. As for you, you felt the ominous feeling of the gun right between your eyes.

"I was going to ask you to state your business here, but your weapon has clarified that. You are under arrest" the guard said as if they literally didn't have a knife pointed at their neck.