Chapter 22

Without you

Lio's POV

I punched Galo right on his face. I know that it wasn't the right way to face him, especially because it was the first time we met after a year, but I really was going insane.

Another moment without Y/N and I would have gone insane for good.

"Galo!"

I turned my face and saw Aina charging at full speed to assist Galo, who was rubbing his jaw to press the pain away. She looked at me with a look of anger as she then kneeled down and observed him.

"Galo...are you okay?" she asked.

"Yeah Aina, you don't have to worry about it"

She nodded for an instant with a caring gaze, but when she turned to look at me she had her angry look on her face again.

"Why have you done that?! He saved you from Kray and this is your way of thanking?!" she scolded me.

"Hey hey, Aina, don't be rude with him...you know what he has been going through. And he must be confused right now about our...presence here" he replied as he stared at me with an inquiring gaze.

Oh, how I hated all of that.

"...you don't know a damn about what I've gone through" I whispered in a fit of rage even though they could clearly hear me.

"...what did you just say?" Aina questioned.

"I SAID THAT YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN ABOUT IT!" I yelled as I felt another piece of my skin burning "GALO, YOU COULDN'T REALLY APPEAR IN ANOTHER MOMENT, COULD YOU?"

I approached him and looked at him straight in the eyes: there were lot of things that I wanted to say and ask. For example, how the hell they were alive, how did they manage to reach this place without being observed, and how did they know that me and Y/N were at Aina's house.

But for the moment being, the only thing that mattered was my rage: rage because Galo brought me away from Y/N just when I was about to save her.

And by the moment Galo brought me away from her, she was officially in Kray's dangerous hands.

I felt rage, but there was also panic spreading through my body.

"...Lio?" Galo simply asked.

Suddenly, what remained of my mental health reminded me that he probably didn't know about Y/N: he couldn't possibly know that I was trying to save the woman I loved, could he? And in that moment the only thing that I wanted was to be buried under the ground.

No, I couldn't do that: Y/N still needed me.

I helplessly fell on the ground and looked down with empty eyes.

Galo and Aina looked at each other for a second, as if they were speaking with their gazes, only to look at me once again.

"Lio, is that girl the reason you are now getting angry? By the way, she is somewhat familiar...her gaze is the same as Prometh's, isn't it?" Galo asked as if it was nothing.