Chapter 19

Nightmare

"Hey, Lio, how did you find this place by the way?" you asked as you explored more the house and looked around: it truly looked like it belonged to two girls.

He looked at you softly as you kept observing curiously.

"Actually...I wasn't even sure about this place. I didn't know if it still existed" he answered.

"Still existed?"

"This house belonged to two sisters. One of them used to work as a scientist for Kray, the other one was a firefighter. I didn't even know that their house was here, I had to search for their surname to find their place"

Ardebit.

As he stopped speaking, you approached a photo on a drawer: it portrayed two girls with pink hair, both of them holding an ice cream. They looked happy.

You couldn't help but feel sad for them.

"Hey, Lio...can we really stay here? I...feel bad for using their place even if we are escaping..."

You slowly turned your face around and saw Lio right next to you, your shoulders almost touching. The close proximity made you blush, especially after...

A few hours before

Your face was still buried in Lio's chest, and it was pretty obvious that you were enjoying breathing his smell. When you realised it though, your eyes were wide-open in embarassment, but you didn't move away from him.

However, Lio noticed it.

"Are you okay? You've been silent and your face is all red. You don't have a cold, do you?" he softly spoke as he then pressed his hand on your forehead to check your temperature.

It was hot, but it was certainly and definitely not because of a fever.

Lio didn't know he was the cause of that hot temperature.

"Hey, your forehead is actually hot...Y/N, are you feeling well?"

If he kept going then you would have probably fainted right there.

"I-I'm fine, Lio!" you said as you caressed his hands, still holding your face. You didn't have the courage to look up and meet his gaze.

"I'm perhaps...just a little tired" you added in the end. Well, who couldn't be tired in your situation?

He chuckled warmly, and without warning he gently grabbed the back of your head and kissed your forehead again. It was his way of showing affection.

You looked up with burning cheeks and locked your gaze with his. Only the sound of your breaths could be heard.

"..."

Present time

After that, you decided to explore the house, but whenever Lio approached you even to show you something, you would always blush and turn into fire. Why did your body have such a reaction?