Chapter 20

Old friends

You felt something gently caress the side of your face: it was the touch of something made of fabric...but at the same time it resembled the touch of some fingers.

You groggily opened one of your eyes, and when you could focus clearly you saw a familiar green-haired boy who was smiling with his eyes. He still had an arm enveloping you as he was caressing your cheek.

The memories of the night before returned in your mind, causing your heart to beat faster and faster as you looked at him.

"Morning" he said sweetly.

WHY DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A DAMN HAPPILY EVER AFTER SCENE- you screamed in your mind.

"Hey, I have to say, but you're worrying me lately. It's been a while and your face is always red. Are you okay?" he asked whispering.

You immediately sat down on your bed and touched your cheeks: they were hot like lava.

You heard him sitting down as well behind you, both of your and Lio's legs under the sheets. You looked at him who was staring at you as well: you felt like he was analysing your soul.

"I'm...fine, I am just tired from these days. It will be okay soon though" you replied now avoiding his gaze.

Does he actually remember what happened yesterday night though? He looks so calm about me staying in his bed...wait, his hands, his fingers are starting to turn dark-purple! you thought in a rush.

You turned around to look at him frenetically and observed him right in his eyes.

"Lio, how are your hands doing?" you asked with a hint of worry in your voice.

But you only realised once you spoke that your face was just a few inches away from his lips and that you were almost looming over him.

Your mind started freaking out. You completely crashed internally as he looked at you with a slightly puzzled look: he was observing your reactions.

He ended up chuckling.

"Everything okay up there?" he asked as the smartass he was.

"D-don't joke!" you scolded him as you slowly retreated "I asked you a serious question."

He smirked and looked away, even though he looked like he was starting to get serious too.

"I can control the Promare for the moment being. When it is just a little part of my body then it's almost as if I actually don't have anything. The matter becomes serious after a whole limb turns into my berserk mode" he spoke calmly.

You looked at him as he looked down towards his hand.

"So...you have your powers back?"

"Almost. I didn't have them for some time so I have to get used to them again. This raises another question though" he stated as he now looked right into your eyes.

"What is it?"

"We need to attack. And soon. Putting aside my whole succumbing to madness thing, we won't have all the resources we have such as food for eternity, and unless we steal - which is something I'm sure you don't want to do - we will run out of them pretty soon. Hence" he said with a thrilling flash of determination in his beautiful pink eyes "we need to attack"

Even if you didn't want to, you ended up getting passionate about this determined side of his. Result? Your cheeks were blushing once again as you looked at him in a dreamy way.

He couldn't help but laugh, fall back on the bed and cover his eyes with a hand.

"Man, I just love when you blush...say, are you perhaps falling in love with me?"