Chapter 25

Vengeance

Back when Lio shot the arrow and Kray saw it...

"Gosh, this is what people do for love! Miss Prometh, your charming prince is coming here to rescue you! He has such a noble soul. Biar, take care of miss Prometh here: I'm going to activate that thing, after all, we need to give our guest a warm welcome!"

You totally didn't have a good feeling about it: Lio was going to be in serious danger if Kray was so cheerful about him coming to rescue you...

He left the room in a rush, leaving you and Biar alone.

You looked at her with blurry eyes: what the hell was she going to do to you now?

"...it's better if you just kill me directly. I won't bring Lio to you" you mumbled trying to hold on.

Biar just glanced at you, but it didn't look like she was giving you much attention: instead, it looked like she was listening to the noises outside of the room.

She then extracted her tablet and you could see something: there were tiny little dots running around and grouping all together in a specific place.

"They sure are all fast. Now, about you" she said as she looked at you for good.

She approached you, and you could hear the sound of her heels increasing: you waited for her to kill you for good, but when you opened your eyes, nothing happened. Biar was out of your sight, so you turned your head around, trying to catch the slightest glimpse of her.

But suddenly, your wrists tied behind the chair felt a lot less heavier: they weren't tied anymore.

"What...?"

"Stay still, I'm going to free your legs now" Biar's voice from behind said.

She cut your ropes on your wrists behind you? But, why would she do something like that?

She walked from behind you and you could see her again: she had a little knife in her hand, and she now kneeled down to free your tied ankles.

You slightly widened your eyes in surprise.

"Why are you doing this?" you asked.

She glanced at you and gave you a small smile before returning to cut your ropes.

"Kray has done horrible things to your family: you absolutely don't deserve all of this. Plus, call me a coward for this, but I don't want your boyfriend to search for me and beat the hell out of me"

You looked away with blushing cheeks.

"He's...not my boyfriend" you mumbled as your heart weirdly started beating faster. Why would it do that?

"Oh c'mon, I observed through the cameras when Kray attacked you, but also when he spied you two: he looks at you as if you're his everything. I'm pretty sure he loves you" she said as she finished cutting the ropes on your ankles.

Did Lio...love you? But why? How? And...did you feel the same about him? Your heart always beated faster when he was around, and he was always able to bring sunshine in your days.

You weakly rubbed your wrists so that you could move them well again, but you had a bad feeling about all of this.

"Why should I believe you? You could have freed me just to backstab me" you said as the strenght started to slowly flow again in your body.

All of a sudden she then approached your face so that you could look right into her eyes. Not going to lie, this kind of startled you.

"Tell me, if I wanted to backstab you, why would I have lied to Kray when I examined your body language when he interrogated you? You were shivering back then, it was pretty evident that you were lying"