Chapter 15

His confession

You sat down in a grey room, with only a grey table and two grey as well chairs as the furniture.

Up your nose there was a white blinding lamp.

You had your arms crossed and your leg was shivering, your gaze fixed on the chair in front of you: the only empty chair in the room.

Why did Kray personally requested to talk with you? Moreover, in that room...you felt like you were in one of those police movies where they interrogate people in those cold rooms. A cold room like the one you were in right now.

Was it because of the dead minister? Did they find something that linked your presence to his death? Or was it because they actually recognised you on the cameras when you went to steal the ice for Lio?

Oh Lio, what was he doing now? Had your mother searched for him in your room and found him in the wardrobe? Good thing that those guards only took you to Foresight Tower and decided not to look inside your house...

Suddenly, the door opened, and two figures entered: one of them had blond hair, and the other, slightly shorter than the first one, had purple hair.

Kray and Biar.

"Good morning, Y/N!" Kray said cheerfully as he sat down in front of him. As for Biar, she walked towards the wall and leaned on it, with a digital notepad in her hands.

The fact that Kray was so cheerful wasn't totally a good sign.

"Why have you brought me here? Have I done something?" you asked with the firmest voice you could have.

Just as you asked that, Biar started annotating on her notepad. You quickly peeked at her...was she going to note down everything that you would have said?

"My my Y/N, it only depends on what you tell me. I'm sorry if I put you in such a narrow room, but I always wanted to interrogate someone as if I was in a movie"

You certainly couldn't agree with him.

You kept looking at him, in front of you: there was a small red flash in his eyes, but then again, he mostly kept his eyes closed.

"So, let's get to the point of it. Actually, how have you been since the party?" he asked as if he wasn't in a damn interrogatory room.

...does he want to put me at ease by asking about myself so that I can trust him and later on tell him what he wants to hear?

"I've been...fine, thank you Governor" you respectfully answered.

"That's good to hear! I'm deeply sorry if my minister dared to touch you without your consent: even if he was drunk, he didn't have the right to do what he did. Actually, did you know that he died?" he questioned as if it was nothing.

Your eyes widened out as a drop of sweat fell down your neck.

The news didn't mention his death. I knew it, he's testing me.

"N-no sir...I didn't hear about it." you replied.

You saw again a quick red flash in Kray's eyes, still under the noise of Biar scribbling down.