Chapter 28

You're the reason I can breathe

You almost jumped back when you saw Lio staring at you with a deep gaze.

And he wasn't definitely happy.

You wanted to say something, but it was as if your words got stuck in your throat: it was suffocating.

Even so, your heart started beating faster due to the happiness you were feeling after finally seeing him after so long.

And...he looked so beautiful: he was wearing his usual black suit, the one he used when he was a terrorist. He probably got it repaired, and he looked completely stunning.

You looked at each other in the eyes for a while: what could you say to him now that you were right in front of him?

"...Lio..." you softly whispered his name.

After hearing his name escape from your mouth, he flinched, and you could see that he was highly tempted to look down and bite his lips, but he kept looking at you directly in the eyes.

"...why?" he asked.

"Why...what?" you surprisingly asked back.

"Why are you doing this to me?" he asked as he took a step forward towards you: however, your reaction to that was to retreat and take a step back. You were afraid of confronting him for what you had done.

"What...am I doing to you?" you asked, still almost whispering.

You kept walking back until you reached the wall behind you, and when you realised that you couldn't walk back anymore, Lio pinned you against the wall, causing your heart to beat faster and faster. You subconsciously brought your closed hands to your chest and looked at him.

He had a completely menacing gaze, but that was hiding a sad emotion.

"Why won't you realise that every minute without you is a torture for me? Why are you hiding yourself from me? Is it because you almost killed me?" he asked with a voice in which was hidden a veil of sadness.

He took a strand of your hair and put it behind your ear.

"Lio, I..." you tried to say, but Lio cut you off.

"The one fighting against me wasn't really you, Y/N. How many times do I have to tell you that? Do you have any idea of the pain that I felt when I heard that you didn't want to see me because you were afraid? I know that you are afraid of my reactions, but you know how I feel about it.

I don't hold a grudge against you. I will never hold a grudge against you. Or..."

He leaned in closer to your ear, which caused you to feel a shiver run down your back. Why was he suddenly approaching...?

"...do I have to kiss you again to make you understand it and move on?" he asked.

The closed proximity and that sudden question caused your entire body to turn into fire, and you had to blink your eyes many times to ensure that you were still conscious.

However, your mind was freaking out, and you couldn't think clearly. Lio probably noticed it, and he slightly moved away from your ear, even though he didn't stop pinning you to the wall.

He had a weird look on his face.

...she still hasn't understood what I feel for her, has she? he thought.