Chapter 26

My girl

Lio's POV

"Lio! You're alive, I'm so happy to see you...!" Y/N, my Y/N said.

She was really there, and she even looked better than what I expected, despite her eyes and the dark-purple point on her neck. Why did she have those features now...?

She looked stunning nevertheless: the way that black dress fit her...I couldn't keep my eyes off her.

She is the most flawlessly beautiful woman I have ever met.

I think I subconsciously smiled, but she didn't manage to see it because right in that moment Kray slightly moved, causing her to turn around her face, focusing on the wounded Governor.

"Ooooh no, where the fuck do you think you are going? You are going nowhere!" she shouted like a villain.

God, I was falling for her again and again. Nevertheless, this wasn't her true self: it was as if she had lost control, but in the way I lose control.

Galo poked my shoulder and leaned in so that he could whisper in my ear.

"So THAT's Y/N? Damn it, I knew that you were interested in crazy girls" he whispered.

"She's not crazy! I don't know why she's like that..."

However, she heard us whispering, and she turned around her face to stare at us: this time, instead of a cheerful gaze, it was a suspicious one.

"Lio...who are these people?" she asked as she pointed at Galo and Aina from afar with the katana, still pointing her shoe against Kray's chest.

There was a weird look in her eyes, as if she was unhappy to see them there with me: did she think that I abandoned her for them?

We all remained silent, just staring at each other, and Y/N wasn't definitely growing content. Actually, her eyes looked even more pink than before.

She didn't stop looking at each of us, trying to understand if they were enemies or not.

"Hey, Y/N, how about you just come here to me-" I tried to say, but she cut me off.

"I remember you" she said as she now focused only on Galo, pointing her katana at him.

Galo looked enough puzzled, as he even pointed a finger at himself.

"Me?" he asked.

"You. You were the one in that weird white armour. You were the one that brought Lio away from me" she stated as she kept pointing the katana at him from afar.

Galo looked like he didn't enjoy Y/N's definition of the Matoi Tech, and I was now more worried for her choice of words: she said that Galo "brought me away from her", she didn't say that Galo "rescued me"

And I could sense her unhingedness growing more and more

"Hey! It's not some weird white armour! It's the Matoi Tech, an armour that represents the firefighting souls of firefighters of an eastern islan-" he was about to say, but he cut himself off.