Chapter 3

Lio Fotia

You coughed before you could inhale and exhale frequently to catch your breath back.

You observed the fallen bookcase in front of you: it was definitely not an accident. Judging by the way it fell, it could only have done so by being pushed. But how? You had checked before with your gaze if you were alone and you didn't sense anybody else, so how did the bookcase fell?

After you finally caught your breath back, you remained there without moving, trying to hear everything that you could.

Silence.

An annoying silence.

A silence that was making you paranoid.

"...I'm not alone" you said as you at least stood up again and proceeded to clean your leggings from the dust. After cleaning yourself you looked once again at the bookcase, and it was only after checking once again your surroundings that you approached the bookcase to examine it.

You took a few steps and kneeled down, trying to search for possible signs of someone pushing it: you touched it, searching for possible hand signs. That bookcase was dusty like all the other furniture, if someone really pushed it then their hands would have left some traces.

Unluckily, there weren't any signs of hands.

But then, something caught your attention. A corner of the bookcase was slightly burnt, and it looked like it was recent.

It was then that you looked up on the wall and saw a burnt circle, sign of destruction. Someone had thrown something that burnt down the bookcase and made it fall.

You felt chills down your back and you gulped, feeling anxious.

But then, you felt vibrations in the air. Vibrations approaching more each second passing by. When you understood what was about to happen you smirked.

How funny, they want to kill me

You got down and dodged something that was aimed right at your head, and the impact of this something hitting the wall resonated all across the house: you looked up and saw that there was now another burnt circle on the wall, still fuming.

You looked at your left where you entered before, and you saw a fire ball approaching at full speed, almost near your eyes, and it could have hit you right on your face if you didn't dodge it again.

Ça suffit, you thought in French as adrenaline now was flowing in your veins. You grabbed the dagger from your pocket and directed towards the corridor, ready to face whoever was trying to kill you.

The corridor was now empty, just like when you found it when you first entered. But you wouldn't let yourself be fooled again: you weren't absolutely alone.

"I know you're there somewhere. Hiding won't be of any use" you said, bringing your arms in front of yourself as a defense while walking back in the corridor, reaching the other end, unaccessible due to the ruins. Or at least, you thought it was unaccessible.

You carefully stepped over the ruins and reached the other part of the house: a dining room with stairs leading upstairs. Compared to this dining room, the living room could even be called a theatre: there were ruins everywhere and everything was gray from dust, and there were shards of broken glass everywhere. You immediately thought about being careful if you happened to dodge something there: your mother would have questioned your attire if you returned home wounded from glass.

Before fully entering the room, you quickly glanced to the stairs, and that's when you saw it, or actually, them: a figure with green hair and partially dark purple burning hair, fair and for some parts dark purple burning skin as well. But that was not it.