Ι.θΙ - αη єχσтι¢ ℓυχυяу, ι кησω.

The shirt from Gucci

The shirt from Gucci. A bag from Prada. The trousers from Chanel. Several thousand won are spent each month on clothing from the world's most luxurious brands. Likewise in expensive food. From rare shark to caviar adorned with edible gold leaf. Champagne on ice in buckets. Sofas and armchairs made of genuine leather.

This was the world in which Choi Yeonjun felt at home.

In which he lived and in which he could breathe.

Because money was love.

And love could be bought.

He hadn't cared for a long time what would become of him, because as long as he carried his Mastercard, Yeonjun was happy. His face shone, his dark eyes sparkled as if he carried stars in them. The full lips and soft skin, groomed by expensive beauty products, attracted people's eyes. Long legs were in tight white trousers by Chanel, his feet in shoes by Hermés. Rolex adorned his wrist and several rings flattered the young man's pretty, long fingers.

Yeonjun stretched his neck, looking at the piece of jewelry he had hanging from it. An emerald, encased in real silver.

"Did you find something?" a female voice sounded obliquely behind Choi Yeonjun, which belonged to a long-time friend. They had both known each other for eight years and their friendship was so intimate that sometimes you would have thought they were twins.

Especially because they were both very attractive and their full lips were one of their trademarks.

Song Jia stroked back her dark brown hair in an elegant movement and took the few steps toward Yeonjun to look over his shoulder. In doing so, she had to stand on her tiptoes despite her high heels because her mate was far too tall for her at 181 centimeters.

"Yeah," the confident 24-year-old grinned, feeling the thin silver band with his fingertips, eyeing the sparkling gem on his neck. "Pretty, isn't it?"

Jia pursed her lips into a smirk, yet still appeared unimpressed with the piece of jewelry. "It depends. How much?" was all she said, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"Around two million won," Yeonjun replied calmly, barely able to take his eyes off his reflection. "I think it accentuates my complexion, don't you?"

Giggling, she placed her hands on the dark-haired man's shoulders, then plucked at one of the bright strands in his hair before looking back into the mirror to eye the piece of jewelry and Yeonjun's face. "I'm sure it's a nice color, but at that price it would only make you look cheap," Jia gave honestly-as her best friend would expect. "Maybe we should check upstairs."

Yeonjun wrinkled his nose, because he actually thought the necklace was really nice. But Jia was always right in his opinion, which is why he sighed loudly and theatrically, opened the necklace again, and just dropped it into the casket without really paying attention. The saleswoman averted her gaze, rolled her eyes, and then put on a feigned smile. "What would be your desired budget, then?" she asked, addressing Jia.