9.ՁЧ - νισℓєтѕ αяє вℓυє

Kai averted his eyes when he heard this question

"I've been doing research," he said with a shrug and crossed his arms. But from the fact that he didn't dare look Beomgyu in the face, you could tell something was wrong.

Besides, the redhead knew his friend far too well, so he recognized the lie immediately. "Why are you lying to me, Kai?" asked Beomgyu directly, stepping up to the tallest and placing his hand on his shoulder. Even though there was a lot of rejection between them right now - or so it seemed - they had once been very good friends.

Kai was frozen like a statue. He even held his breath because Beomgyu's green eyes pierced him like two daggers.

"I-I'm not lying, really," he tried to make him believe.

"Kai!" repeated Beomgyu with much more emphasis, taking a step closer and pressing his fingers into his shoulder.

"All right! All right!" he exclaimed, squeezing his eyes shut. "I was with her, with Jiwoo. I gathered the information there when she wasn't home."

Shocked, Beomgyu immediately backed away and stared at Kai in shock. "You broke in!?" he asked, now grabbing those shoulders with both hands because he couldn't believe that Kai, of all people ...

The innocent Huening Kai had committed a crime.

"Why did you do that!!!", Beomgyu wanted to know, sounding not only shocked, but disappointed. "Why would you go so far!!! What has gotten into you, Kai!!!"

"I was just trying to protect you, really! I was looking for information like you wanted! I heard that Jia was going to charge you and that's why you were going to quit the company. That you're going to lose everything because of him, but I won't let that happen!"

Kai's voice had risen in pitch, and through the blush in his cheeks, you could tell he was tense.

On the one hand, Beomgyu did not want to believe what he was hearing. But actually, he had even expected it, because Kai had always been willing to do anything for him. Beomgyu had just never understood what made the Hawaiian so driven. "That's not right, Kai. And you know that. I can't use those documents, and I won't," the redhead refused that help, shaking his head.

"Why not? That was your plan after all! You wanted Jiwoo to go to jail too!" hissed Kai.

"Yeah, but I changed my mind."

The black-haired man tensed his face and looked like he was going to burst into tears at any moment. "It's all his fault. He lulled you into dropping everything now. Do you seriously want to lose everything just to be with him?"

Beomgyu pressed his lips together.

He didn't like at all the way Kai was ragging on Yeonjun. Like it was all his fault.

"Kai, please ..."

"No, I didn't risk so much for nothing, just so he could get everything he wants!" yelled Kai upset ears already red with anger. "If you want his mother to stay out of jail, you should break up with him!"