7.Ι9 - яєαℓℓу ƒαмιℓу ƒяιєη∂ℓу!

After the redhead dropped his friend off at Choi Jiwoo's, he had continued on to the Samsung building

After the redhead dropped his friend off at Choi Jiwoo's, he had continued on to the Samsung building. He needed to talk to his brother, and he planned to delete the data he had collected about Yeonjun's mother. But before he did that, he had to see Soobin, so he went straight to his office, was even sure that Kai had noticed him, even if Beomgyu didn't see him directly. After the redhead entered the office, Soobin stood by one of the large windows, looking down at the street with an uncertain expression, occasionally stroking his arm. He looked at his brother when he heard the footsteps and twitched his eyebrows questioningly.

"What?" snapped Beomgyu immediately, because he had never particularly been able to stand that wordless question from his brother. Especially because he never quite knew why his brother looked at him that way. "Don't look at me like that, you know I can't stand it! And yes, I'm still on sick call!"

"You don't seem that sick to me," Soobin said dryly, crossing his arms in front of his chest. His scrutinizing gaze was on Beomgyu, as if he was about to riddle him with questions.

Rolling his eyes, the 28-year-old gave a stilted cough.

However, he was an extremely bad liar with Soobin, which was perhaps because the two brothers knew each other very well and Beomgyu didn't necessarily put much stock in believability when it came to this lie. "Yeonjun is staying with me for the time being," Beomgyu explained, not even thinking about the fact that Soobin knew about the thing between Kai and him and that the Hawaiian was staying at his actual apartment. Moreover, it was also still not entirely certain that Yeonjun would not go back home as soon as he had reconciled with his mother.

Because Soobin had already found out about the whole arrangement, he also knew that it was Choi Yeonjun of all people. And it didn't suit him at all that Beomgyu was spending time with him. "In your apartment?" asked Soobin in surprise. "With Kai under the same roof? Because he clearly had no idea what that 'disease' was."

Beomgyu's upper lip twitched.

He clearly didn't like Soobin mentioning Kai's name. This one had nothing to do with Yeonjun.

"No. It's over with Kai, and we ... are in my house."

"Ohh," Soobin purred, forming plump lips into a surprised circle. "You entered your house again?" he asked, for it had been a very long time since Beomgyu had gone there. He turned to face him completely now, not taking his eyes off him.

Beomgyu nodded gently and averted his eyes from his brother to avoid that very eye contact.

"Yes, I did. It's not as bad with him in it as I might have thought."

"Interesting," Soobin's tone was sarcastic, but that was nothing new. "Didn't think you two would get along so well."

Immediately the redhead frowned, again something he didn't like at all, and this was his brother's condescending tone. "So what? I never thought my older brother was too much of a coward to confess his feelings to a girl either. So stop making those sarcastic comments and grow some balls."