7.Ιȣ - яєαℓℓу ƒαмιℓу ƒяιєη∂ℓу!

When Yeonjun woke up in his new, current room, he found no one beside him

When Yeonjun woke up in his new, current room, he found no one beside him. The right side was empty and he wondered if Beomgyu had woken up so early again. Because as he lay there quietly for a few minutes, he heard noises coming from the living room.

There was rustling.

The clattering of dishes could also be heard. Likewise, Yeonjun heard Beomgyu's voice softly and muffled. He had to really force himself to get out of bed because it was so wonderfully warm.

With a mane as if he had reached into an electrical outlet, he waded into the living room, where he found a table set. Loud delicious food in small bowls that had definitely been brought by the delivery service and an expensive bottle of wine he found there, looking around for the handsome redhead. But he disappeared into a room, so Yeonjun couldn't hear who he was talking to on his cell phone.

For it was Kai on the other line, who had called after learning from Soobin that Beomgyu had called in sick but had not come home.

And because Beomgyu didn't want to worry Yeonjun, he changed rooms.

"Why are you calling?"

"You're sick?" asked Kai worriedly. "Where are you?"

A sigh escaped Beomgyu, for it was extremely noticeable how clingy Kai had become lately. He closed his eyes for a moment to collect himself before saying, "This has to stop slowly. You can't keep asking me where I am, who I'm with, or what I'm doing."

"Beomgyu..." it was Kai's breathy voice and you could almost hear his heart breaking. "I was just worried about you. I was told you called in sick and then you didn't come home. I ..."

"I know. You don't have anything to worry about. Really," the redhead affirmed. "I just need a few days off. From us, too."

There was silence as quiet as a mouse on the other line for a moment, until Kai finally spoke up again, "From us? Is it because of ..."

Because of Yeonjun?

"He wants something serious," Beomgyu answered the unspoken question, "and as long as it's serious, I'll stick to it. It has nothing to do with you." Although that was certainly no consolation to Kai, it was better if he ended it now anyway. Because the Hawaiian was about to develop feelings.

"Do you want something serious with him too?"

Beomgyu pressed his lips together and was silent for a moment as he braced himself against the window sill with his free hand and looked out.

"I will."

Silence fell again, but this time it was agonizing. For there was no way of knowing what Kai thought of it. What he had to say about it, and neither could Beomgyu know what his secretary really felt about him. Whether he had as strong feelings for him as he suspected.

"That-" Kai's voice broke off a little, "I hope you know what you're doing."

And with those words, he hung up.