9.ՁƼ - νισℓєтѕ αяє вℓυє

With a heavy heart, Beomgyu arrived at his old apartment, typed in the code and entered

With a heavy heart, Beomgyu arrived at his old apartment, typed in the code and entered. The TV could be heard playing in the living room, but otherwise it was uncomfortably quiet.

"Kai?", Beomgyu called in, waiting for a response.

"Am in the living room!" it immediately sounded, his tone even sounding surprisingly happy.

So the redhead went further into the living room and found Kai on the couch. Beomgyu didn't really care what was on the TV, rather he was a bit disturbed by the good mood of his former secretary. "You seem to be doing better," Beomgyu stated, stopping beside the couch.

Immediately, the person addressed patted the couch next to him and showed a nice smile. "I'm just glad you're here."

As saccharine as he said it, it could have been raining marshmallows from the sky.

Or rainbow ponies running through the apartment right now.

Sighing, Beomgyu settled down on the couch, now facing the TV.

He felt the other guy's gaze on him, pestering him with his dark eyes as if waiting for answers. "So you talked to that guy?"

This time his voice was anything but saccharine.

"His name is Yeonjun, Choi Yeonjun, you could at least be polite enough to call him by name," Beomgyu grumbled, slightly annoyed. "I get that you don't like him, but your grudge is no longer necessary."

"Choi Yeonjun it is," Kai shrugged and pushed his lower lip forward slightly. As he did so, he only tried to stifle a grin. "How did he react?"

You could tell that the younger man was taking a less narrow and sad view of the whole thing than it was for Beomgyu. He acted as if he hadn't given him a hard decision to make.

As if it were easy to decide.

"Enthusiastic he was not," the redhead informed dryly, but then tried to calm himself and rested his arm over the back of the chair. He then invited Kai to snuggle into his side.

The 25-year-old secretary didn't have to be told twice and put his arms around Beomgyu's stomach. He sighed comfortably, as he must have waited a long time for the moment. "He'll get over it. According to the press, he doesn't really have any problems with it."

Beomgyu's eyes twitched skeptically down at Kai.

"What do you mean?" he wanted to know directly, cursing his heartbeat for galloping so rapidly through his chest.

"Well all the people he's snogged, he seems to do it a lot," Kai said calmly, indicating that he had indeed done a lot of research. "He's not picky. He even switches between men and women. Constantly."

It was clear to him what Kai was trying to do.

He was trying to make Yeonjun look even worse. Make it seem like Beomgyu had been just a means to an end for the dark blond. Of course, it wasn't nice to hear something like that, but Yeonjun had also been slightly jealous because of Kai, so Beomgyu knew there was more between them. "And what about you?", Beomgyu therefore diverted from the topic and looked at Kai. "Haven't you been having some fun lately?"