facetime | jalen green

for the JG lovers 🫶
let's also use our imaginations and say that he is not in a committed relationship 🤞🏽
-

"here you go!" nevaeh handed mariah her phone back. the two had just exchanged numbers after meeting at a party.

"i'll call you! drive safe!" mariah waved as she walked to her car and got in, driving to her apartment.

once she got settled into bed, she decided to call nevaeh to make sure she had the right number.

the call went through and the face she was met with was definitely not a female.

"hello?" the male answered with a confused look on his face.

"please tell me you're nevaeh's boyfriend." mariah pursed her lips together, embarrassed.

"i'm not but i can be if you're nevaeh." he smirked as her eyebrows raised. oh?

"this girl done gave me the wrong number. i'm sorry." she shook her head and sighed.

"it's alright. what's your name?" he asked, resting his hand on the back of his neck.

"mariah. and you are?" she was hesitant to tell him, but he was fine.

"jalen. jalen green."

sounds hella familiar.

"okay jalen. why are you answering calls from random people on a friday night?" she questioned, raising a brow at him.

"why are you calling random people on a friday night mariah?" he retorted, smirking.

"i was calling a friend but you picked up instead." she spoke matter of factly, rolling her neck.

"who said we can't be friends? hey friend." he waved, getting her to laugh.

"okay jalen. we can be friends." she smiled at him.

"so mariah, where are you from?"

"why? you tryna kidnap me?" she furrowed her brows at him as his smile dropped.

"girl stop playing with me." he spoke, making her laugh, "but i might fly you out."

"oh really?" her eyebrows raised. "shit...maybe." he smirked proudly.

"how do i know i can trust you though?" she tapped her pointer finger on her chin.

"well if you get to know me a little better..." he trailed off, playfully rolling his eyes.

"you famous or something?" she questioned, squinting in an attempt to figure out who he was.

"something like that." he shrugged his shoulders.

"your name just sounds a little too familiar."

"that's cause i play basketball." he chuckled at her clueless she was.

"like the nba basketball or college basketball?"

"bold of you to assume that i'm old enough to be in college." he tilted his head to the side cockily.

"are you not?" she was not willing to catch a case for him.

"i'm in the league girl." he laughed at her facial expression.

"oh so you one of them? ah no can do buddy." she sighed and shook her head. (insert nba youngboy video here)

"whatchu meannn?"

"them nba niggas be aggy bro." she laughed as he stared at her.

"mannnn..." he exaggerated while she smacked her lips.

"tell me i'm lying. y'all are weird." she let out a small chuckle, scratching her head.

"who is y'all? i know i'm not weird."

that was when it hit her. she was talking to a complete stranger and actually enjoying the conversation.

"if the shoe fits babe..." she playfully yawned.

"oh i'm your babe now? we moving a lil too fast shawty." he held out his palm, in a 'stop' motion.

"you are weird though! you were rather quick to fly me out a couple of minutes ago." she reminded him with raised brows.

he stared at her with a blank expression on his face. this girl can't be serious, he thought.

"how do you know i'm not gonna rob you the second i get there?" she was being serious, even though you would never have the guts to rob anyone, let alone him.

"mariah please." he smacked his lips and waved her off.

"you're funny." she giggled, pointing at him through the screen.

"so i've been told." he dusted off his shoulder as she rolled her eyes.

they would go on talking for two hours, most of it being mariah laughing at jalen.

it was a little too early to tell but, jalen was definitely feeling mariah. and though she wouldn't admit it at the time, she was feeling him too.

"ah shit it's one in the morning." she looked at the time in the left corner of her screen.

"thanks for telling me the time captain obvious." he sarcastically spoke.

"jalen i have work tomorrow. i need to go to bed." she looked at him, deadpanned.

"so do i! sleep is for the weak mariah."

"well i guess i'm weak then. goodbye jalen." she waved politely at him.

"you really bout to hang up huh? that's crazyyyy." he ran his hand over his head and shook his head.

"yeah i am. bye!"

"no good night or nothing? you're evil." he glared at her,
making her laugh.

"good night jalen. now let me sleep in peace."

"that's fine. imma blow up your phone tomorrow. good night mariah." he threatened with a smile on his face.

she shook her head and hung up, putting her phone on the charger and getting under her blanket.

i'll be looking forward to it green, she thought before closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep.

-
sorry if this is short. i can only fill in so many line of dialogue 💀
next one is a jayson tatum request!

also, i can't deliver the zach lavine imagine now that he has a child on the way so my apologies for that 🙏🏽

but i can (i definitely am. the draft already exists) give you guys a jordan poole imagine to fill that void 🫶