birthday boy | jordan poole

cause that's my gemini twin
-

"happy birthday!" mason yelled as jordan walked into the house with his duffel bag hanging on his shoulder.

"thank you baby." he chuckled at the cake in her hands and the balloons she had set up for him.

"make a wish." she gestured towards the cake with the burning candles that read '24.'

jordan took a deep breath and closed his eyes before blowing out his candles. mason smiled and put the cake down on the counter.

"you didn't have to do all this." he wrapped his arms around her waist and stared down at her.

"oh but i did. you deserve to be celebrated, especially on your birthday." she removed the candles from the cake and scooted it away.

"i appreciate that." he smiled and kissed her forehead before she walked away to grab a gift bag.

"i got you a little something. well...somethings." she placed the bag in front of him and waited for him to grab it with a smile on her face.

"mase..." he gave her a look that she knew all too well. jordan didn't like it when she would spend her money on him and he felt like it was his job to pay for everything.

but, with mason being a giver, she couldn't let him do that all the time. and she wasn't gonna let him argue with her about it, especially since it was his birthday.

"just hush and open it." she groaned and pushed the bag closer to him, making him take it.

"oh this is fire!" he reached inside the bag and pulled out a customized rick and morty jean jacket, that she made for him (in the mm).

"you like it?" she clasped her hands together as she eagerly watched him inspect the jacket.

"i love it. thank you." he smiled and carefully placed the jacket on the counter, not wanting to ruin it.

"there's one more thing in there." she pointed at the bag, leaning over to make sure the other item was in it.

"ouuu i like these." he pulled out two gold necklaces (in the mm) and ran his fingers over the material.

"yeah?" she looked up at him with admiring eyes. "yeah. put them on me." he handed her the necklaces and turned around.

"now you know you're taller than me..." she crossed her arms over her chest and gave him a 'really?' look.

"come on girl." he chuckled and bent down so that she could put the necklaces on his neck. "there." she tapped his shoulder once she finished.

"how do i look?" he turned around and crossed his arms over his chest, making her laugh. "very handsome." she smiled and pecked his lips.

"thank you baby." he smiled and grabbed her hand, kissing the back of it.

"i have another gift for you but you can't get it until three-thirty." she checked the time on her phone before putting it in her pocket.

"that's oddly specific." jordan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "mhm. and then we have somewhere to be at six-thirty." she sighed, looking up at him.

"what are you up to mason?" he squinted at her in attempt to get her to break, but she held her ground.

"i can't tell you that jordan. but i do know you will love it." she stood on her tiptoes and kissed his cheek before patting his chest.

"i'm gonna hold you to it then." he saluted to her as he chuckled.

"do you want a piece?" mason walked around the counter and grabbed a knife, slicing into the cake. she cut a piece for herself and placed it on a plate.