bad day | james wiseman

request for THE _missauthor
hope you like it pookie 🫶
-

walking into her very messy apartment, devon immediately walked towards her dining room table and put her bag down.

it was currently finals week and being a third year college student, it was safe to say she was stressed out. not to mention she didn't have the best day, which only added onto her negative mood.

once she sat down at the table, she grabbed her laptop and opened it up. she took out her textbooks and flash cards and got to studying.

she sat for almost an hour, not taking a single break. due to her focus being only on her work, she didn't hear or see her phone going off.

my man 🤍
do you want me to bring you some food?

my man 🤍
actually don't answer that. i'm bringing you some anyway.

her focus would be interrupted by the sound of keys unlocking the front door of her apartment.

"did a tornado come through here?" james asked as he walked inside, seeing the messy state of her apartment.

"not funny wiseman." devon spoke and kept her eyes on the flash card she was currently writing.

"not excited to see me today?" he playfully pouted, leaning down next to her.

"hi james. i'm so excited to see you." she glanced up at him and gave him a fake smile before going back to her flash cards.

"how long have you been at it?" he asked as he sat down in the chair diagonally across from her.

"since i got home." she quickly answered, adjusting her glasses on her face and looking at the screen in front of her.

"baby you need a break."

"i can't do that. i have to finish this set of cards first." she shook her head and started writing on a new card.

"when was the last time you ate?" he had a strong feeling she hadn't eaten her second meal of the day yet.

"this morning. why?"

"it's 3 in the afternoon. you're taking a break." he sighed and grabbed the pencil out of her hand before closing her laptop.

"james what are you—" she watched as he moved her textbooks and flash cards, making sure to keep them in order.

"here." he placed a bag in front of her, making her furrow her brows in confusion.

"you bought me a cold cut?" she pouted as she opened the bag and saw one of her favorite foods.

"mhm and..." he nodded and slid another bag her way,
making her eyes widen.

"wings!" she excitedly opened the box, seeing another one of her favorite foods.

"and a mango lemonade to wash it all down." he sighed, placing the drink onto the table for her.

"baby..." she felt tears filling up her eyes as she bit her lip to contain them.

"why are you crying?" he grabbed her hand from across the table and rubbed his thumb against the back of it.

"because...i've been wanting that all day." she huffed and started to wipe away her tears.

"you had a bad day huh?" he could sense that she was having a rough time based upon the state of her apartment.

the table being covered in flash cards and papers was a dead give away.

"yeah." she confessed and nodded her head as more tears fell.

"come here." he waved her over with his free hand and turned his body to the side so she could sit on his lap.

"tell me everything." he wrapped his arms around her waist and patiently waited for her to tell him about her day.

she went onto to not only tell him about her day but how this whole week was affecting her, mentally, physically and emotionally.

james made sure to listen to every word she uttered, holding onto her hands and squeezing them every now and then.

"well, knowing you as well as i do, i know you are gonna be just fine. you are one of the smartest and strongest people i know. you are gonna pass every single test and if you don't, it's not the end of the world yana."

"you are still gonna be the smartest and strongest person i know. don't stress yourself out when you know and i know you got this alright?" he explained.

"i hear you." she sniffled, wiping her face with the sleeve of her sweatshirt.

"yeah?" he looked up at her and stared, wanting her to make eye contact with him.

"yeah." she looked at him and giggled, giving him what he wanted.

"okay then. now, go eat your food and don't even think about touching this shit okay?" he pointed at the open textbooks and all things academic on the table.

"yes sir!" she saluted to him playfully before grabbing her food and drink.

james got up and started cleaning her apartment for her, with her supervising him.

she told him where everything went and made sure did put them away properly.

"was your food good?" he asked as iyana got up to throw away her trash.

"very good." she nodded and went to put her work away, deciding it would be better to just continue tomorrow considering she was halfway done.

"you feel better?" he sat down on the couch and got comfortable

"mhm. thank you." she sat down next to him, laying her legs across his lap.

"you're welcome." he smiled at her before grabbing a blanket and placing it over her body.

"you buying me food and cleaning up for me really confirmed that i'm marrying you one day."

"oh really?" he raised his eyebrows at her words as she nodded.

"mhm. you ain't getting rid of me sir." she confidently spoke, crossing her arms over her chest.

"well i wasn't planning on it." he kissed her forehead, making her blush and smile.

-
hiii
miss author, i hope you enjoyed reading this 🫶

i start school tomorrow and i'm not excited about it so wish me luck please 🙏🏽

love u mean it byeeee 🤗