lover boy | josh christopher

he's a certified lover boy so it's only right
-

braelyn unlocked her front door and pushed the door open, being greeted by a bunch of white roses covering her living room.

"joshua evan christopher, you did not." she shook her head as she placed her keys on the kitchen counter.

she grabbed her phone out of her pocket and immediately facetimed her man. josh, who fresh out of practice, answered with quickness.

"joshua." she spoke as his face popped up on her screen.

"what's up baby?" he smiled at her, despite being tired and in desperate need of a nap.

"you wanna tell me why i came home to this?" she asked, flipping the camera so he could see the flowers.

"i had to show you that i missed you." he ran a hand down his face, happy that her flowers made it safely.

"you can't just send me a text? you have to go all out right?" she flipped the camera back around as she walked through her living room and into her bedroom.

"always."

"well thank you honey." she smiled as she set her camera up on her vanity.

"you're welcome my lady."

"whatchu doin'?" she grabbed a cotton pad and poured some micellar water on it, getting ready to take her makeup off.

"i'm about to go to the crib. i just got done with a workout." he sighed while leaving the facility and walking to his car.

"tell momma h i said hi please." braelyn spoke with a big smile on her face.

she loved josh's mom, maybe even a little more than she loved josh. but she would never tell him that.

"oh i was gonna do that anyways." he waved her off as he got in the car, sitting his phone in his lap.

"cause that's just how you are?" she asked, referring to a popular tiktok audio the two of them found funny.

"mhm." he nodded and put his seatbelt on before starting the car. "well, i don't need you crashing or anything so i'll call you later." braelyn finished taking off her makeup.

"i love you." josh lifted the phone out of his lap and smiled at her.

"i love you too." she blew a kiss his way before he hung up.

what he didn't know was she'd be seeing him in the next 24 hours.

——————————————————————

"is that my future daughter in law?" halona, josh's mom, excitedly yelled as she ran up to braelyn.

"hi momma!" she embraced the woman in a tight hug, rocking them back and forth.

"oh i've missed you so much baby. how are you?" she held onto her tightly as they pulled away.

"i'm good! how are you?" the smile never left braelyn's face as she spoke to the woman.

"i'm very happy you're here." halona smiled warmly at the young girl who was blushing a little.

"i missed you guys too! hey big L." braelyn turned the man whose whole face got stolen three times by his sons and hugged him tightly.

"hey sweetheart!" laron rubbed her back gently before she pulled away to greet another christopher brother.

"caye woooo!" she yelled as the two of them did their handshake and hugged.