birthday girl | josh christopher

for my pookie nini 🫶
-

"okay. cakes there. balloons are there. just gotta wake her up." josh checked off the things he needed set up. today was his favorite person's birthday and he had to go all out for her.

after quickly lighting the candles on the cake, he ran into his bedroom to wake up the birthday girl.

"babyyyy." he sang as he slowly removed the comforter off her body. "what?" nini groaned and blindly reached for the blanket.

"get up girl! it's your birthday!" he yelled and grabbed her body, lifting her over his shoulder. "joshhh! put me down!" she whined as he ran into the living room.

he placed her on the floor before grabbing the cake and holding it in front of her. "don't tell me you're about to start singing."

"oh you know i'm about to start singing. happy birthday to—" he continued singing for her before she blew out her candles, making a mental wish.

"thank you." she smiled as he put the cake down and hugged her tightly.

"you're welcome princess. i have a few things for you." he went to grab two boxes and a large bag.

"oh really?" her eyebrows raised in shock as her eyes widened.

"mhm." he nodded and wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"well let me at least brush my teeth." she ran back into the room and went into the bathroom, quickly brushing her teeth and fixing her hair.

"alright christopher. whatca got for me?" she rubbed her hands together as she walked back into the living room.

"i'll start with the small gifts first."

"okay." she nodded and sat down on the couch, eager to see what he got her.

he handed her a small gift box, patiently waiting for her to open it. inside of the box was a gold necklace with his  initial on it.

"this is cute!" she pulled it out of the box and inspected it, running her finger over the diamonds.

"so you can stop stealing my chains..." he sighed and put it around her neck.

"oh hush." she waved him off as he stood in front of her to get a better look at her.

"here." he handed her another box, this one slightly bigger than the previous one.

she opened the box and was met with a blue van cleef bracelet that she had been planning on buying herself, but never got around to doing so.

"joshua evan christopher you did not." she pouted before looking up at him.

"i did." he smiled liked a little kid in a candy store.

"you know how much this costs?" she pointed down at the bracelet, slowly taking it out of its packaging.

"yes nini." he chuckled and put the bracelet on her wrist.

"you are crazy." she shook her head in disbelief and stared at the wrist, the blue looking beautiful against her skin.

"i got one more for you."

"oh lord..." as much as she loved receiving gifts from him, she knew he would go into debt buying the things she wanted. and she didn't like that.

"stop that." he whined and handed her a medium sized bag.

she furrowed her brows in confusion and looked inside the bag. she pulled out another bag, revealing a pink hermés kelly bag that she had been secretly wanting.